Sonny Daze TV Challenge

Russ Sonny Kemner

Reaction score
O.K. I'm not a technical person, so I hope this goes out correctly.

My Challenge to the Ukulele Underground: Sonny Daze TV Challenge:

Here are the rules:

Play a song from TV. Any Era, old TV or new TV. Check out the youtube video on the rules of the challenge at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgbfougKfk

It's pretty simple. Play something that you heard on TV. Theme songs from tv shows, and commercials. Be Creative!! Artistically embellish all you want.

The winner gets a micro scaled cigar box ukulele that doesn't sound half bad. It was an experiment, not the Stradavarious of ukes, but it is really nice looking and can carry a tune.

Couple of rules: No editing or dubbing. Just you and your instrument, one take. That keeps it fair for those that do not have the software or system support to make more developed videos.

Post your entry on youtube and mention that it's for the Sonny Daze TV Challenge. Also post a link to this thread.

I'll get some decent photo's of the prize mini uke in my album at my page in the UU (Russ Sonny Kemner)

The contest ends Dec. 2nd at Midnight eastern time, and only 2 entries are allowed per participant.

Creatvity, musicianship, and effort are the 3 criteria of judging.

Winner gets the mini cigar box uke. There is no 2nd or third place, Sorry about that, but there will be an honorable mentions for bragging rights.

Good luck. If you have any questions, please contact me. I have never hosted a contest before, so if I missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks and good luck.

Russ Sonny Kemner

glad you finally did this contest russ ! i cant wait to do my entries !

Looks like a CB Sopranino ^_^ Now I HAVE to come up with something for this contest :D

Sound samples and photos

I just added some photo's of the mini cigarbox uke on to my album, and also there are two sound sample videos on YouTube. Search for Sonny Daze TV Challenge, and there is a sound sample outside, and one recorded inside.

Ogikloavailable - please enter the contest!

If you live somewhere where I can ship the ukulele, than you are eligible. So basically anyone on the planet earth can apply.

I would open this up to life forms on other planets, but I am not sure if they exist and insurance on intergalactic postage is is just too much to ask for.

So please feel free to enter Ogikloavailable.

If you live somewhere where I can ship the ukulele, than you are eligible. So basically anyone on the planet earth can apply.

I would open this up to life forms on other planets, but I am not sure if they exist and insurance on intergalactic postage is is just too much to ask for.

So please feel free to enter Ogikloavailable.

LOL You get the post of the day award with this one Russ!

I am going to enter... That's a perfect size for my son! :)

Is there a time limit on the videos?

Also, if I don't want to show my face on YouTube, is it okay to have a single image showing instead of me? No fancy editing or anything. Just one relevant photo (probably the logo of the show involved) with the audio.

rule addendum

There are no time limits on the entries (total song length). But still only 2 entries per participant and the deadline is Dec 2nd.

TV songs from any country are acceptable.

Regarding the post above, I'm o.k. if you do not want to show your face just a image of the show is o.k., but still one take, no sound editing.

Sound fair?

Last edited:
Top Bottom