Look a $29,999.00 Uke on ebay.

Yea, that's Mike's (MGM) ebay site and he's a regular member here. Double neck ukes; the first one is made by Chuck Moore and the second one is a Mele. BTW, instruments made by Les Reitfors are hard to come by. I think it's more of a collector's thing.

double_neck_uke_002_op_449x903.jpg

uploadimages%5CZZZm2M.jpg

Man, Chuck's inlay work and all around sense of design is second to none.
I love the way that bamboo inlay goes all the way from the headstock all the way down the neck, over the sound hole and onto the body. A true work of art.

Double neck uke? I've got my work cut out for me playing one neck! :D

I have never spent close to $30,000 on a car!! Although a ukulele would be much more practical. What kind of music can you make with a car????

you can make plenty of music in the back seat of a car ;) ;) ;)

See? My tastes aren't nearly so high dollar as the $30,000 uke that MGM has. I've had my eye on the King Nunes-inspired trio for quite a while now. It doesn't even top 10 grand!

just as a point of reference the most expensive uke i sold and i believe on ebay was ever sold was a 26,500 buy it now i did a few years ago. it lasted thirty minutes before selling...

and yes i still had mispelled words in it lol

what was it? did dias, santo, nunes and chuck moore's great grandaddy collab on a blinged out koa pineapple with sound port?

Wow that was cool! I am not sure I believe the music was really coming from the car part instruments but it was still cool. It reminds me of an old black and white video I found where a very young Frank Zappa is showing the talk show host interviewing him how to play a bicycle.

What about Zappa's appearance on the Monkees where he & Mike switch identities then Zappa wrecks a car while Nesmith conducts...

It's amazing what you can find on the Internet when you should be doing your homework Matt!

Hey now.

I found this a while ago.

Now instead of doing my homework I am playing one of your ukes and telling you how I am not doing my homework.

Speaking of which. I have a quiz in a class tomorrow. Back to playing that uke.

Top Bottom