Da bug bites MGM

Ooh, sorry to hear that! I think there's definitely something going around.
No real remedies, but get well soon! Being sick is never, ever fun.

Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and thin out the chest congestion. Lots of rest too! Get well soon!

plenty of liquids mate, and cold tea towel on your forehead, plus plenty of rest and keep your foods to light meals, junk just feeds the bug, gotta sweat it out mate, get well

nothing cures chest congestion likes lots of water, vitamin thc, and vitamin c. eat fire congestion

What everyone else says but also doubling on the swine flu check. My bro has been at Queen's ICU for the past 11 weeks for a respiratory problem and the nurses there said they were getting a lot of swine flu cases.

I had 101 fever with body aches, nausea, extreme dizziness, and a bad case of the runs this past week thanks to some food poisoning and a sick person sitting next to me in the lecture hall. But 12 hrs of sleep a day for 2 days, tylenol, nyquil, and lots of orange juice fixed it up fast. Good as new now. :)

Sorry man..:( Hope you get well soon!

I'm an acupuncturist, so I normally give myself acupuncture when I start to feel under the weather and the cold/flu goes away immediately. For fever/flu can only recommend ginger and mint tea since that's what most people have in their cabinets. Unless you have some honeysuckle or get to a chinese herb store, which most people can't.

For colds with (no fever) chai tea has a lot of common ingredients for chinese herb cold formulations.

Oh yeah, and drinking a lot of hot water will help with mucus/congestion.

Last edited:
Niacin is a great benefit. If you take about 500 mg, be aware that you will have a "niacin flush" which is where the body gets blotchy and you feel hot and cold. That only lasts a short time, but it is caused by blood rushing to the surface. It actually helps open the sinus and relieve congestion. I like that and hot showers.

Hope you feel better soon.

BTW... chicken soup is also loaded with niacin. That is why people have used it for the common cold for centuries.

I'm an acupuncturist, so I normally give myself acupuncture when I start to feel under the weather and the cold/flu goes away immediately. For fever/flu can only recommend ginger and mint tea since that's what most people have in their cabinets. Unless you have some honeysuckle or get to a chinese herb store, which most people can't.

For colds with (no fever) chai tea has a lot of common ingredients for chinese herb cold formulations.

Oh yeah, and drinking a lot of hot water will help with mucus/congestion.

That's good advice. If the throat is raw, then add apple-cidar vinegar to the water and sip it 'til it's gone. It kills the strep and is almost an instant relief.

Mike,

Drink all the water you can stand. Eat lightly, if at all. Sleep a lot and take asprin.
Get well soon.

I am at home nursing a 102 fever... body aches and mean chest congestion..feel like a uke thas been sat on....any home remedy's..

Lots of rest my friend! Be well.
db

Top Bottom