FOR SALE: New Custom Keith Ogata Tenor Ukulele

Ukulele Friend

Reaction score
Beautiful custom Keith Ogata Tenor ukulele. Keith has been building custom ukuleles here in Hawaii for over twelve years and has mastered a design that is both aesthetically appealing and wonderful in tone. Constructed of a premium Hawaiian Koa face, back, and sides, this custom piece also emphasizes a solid koa fretboard and koa / ebony bridge. The neck is handcrafted from sapele wood. Professional Grover Mini Rotomatics machine tuners. Maple wood position marker inlays and much more. A beautiful and rare piece that rings true the wonderful tones, rich and clear, of Hawaii.

Price: $800 + shipping (sale price)

Call (808) 294-1046 or email for more details. :D

Last edited:
Sean, stop awready . . . Auwe!

What material is he using for the saddle? Any reason he stopped using ebony?

Hi Deach,

Keith still does use the ebony pins but he's testing a few things out with less dense woods at the saddle. This one has a douglas fir pin at the saddle.

The tones seem to be slightly brighter when compared to the ebony pins but only minimally if at all noticeable. :D

Mahalo,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

Kanaka...

you and Deach got to make it down here one of these days. Then you can check out some of these beauties on your own. (I think you'd be pleased)...:D

Mahalo,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com
Born and raised in Kalihi-Palama area and my family still there. I gotta wait till my son graduates from SFSU before we make it back there, hopefully next summer/fall. If it happens, will call you fo shua so can come ova talk story.

Beautiful custom Keith Ogata Tenor ukulele. Keith has been building custom ukuleles here in Hawaii for over twelve years and has mastered a design that is both aesthetically appealing and wonderful in tone. Constructed of a premium Hawaiian Koa face, back, and sides, this custom piece also emphasizes a solid koa fretboard and koa / ebony bridge. The neck is handcrafted from sapele wood. Professional Grover Mini Rotomatics machine tuners. Maple wood position marker inlays and much more. A beautiful and rare piece that rings true the wonderful tones, rich and clear, of Hawaii.

Price: $800 + shipping (sale price)

Call (808) 294-1046 or email for more details. :D
Sold already?

Sold already?
I've done this from time to time. Replied to an old thread, then realized that the date at the top was from years ago... :confused:
No biggie.

I've done this from time to time. Replied to an old thread, then realized that the date at the top was from years ago... :confused:
No biggie.
But ya never know. And it was a fun mystery for the moment

But ya never know. And it was a fun mystery for the moment
Heck yeah, was it sold? Did he enjoy the uke? did they do a nud? Come on, man!

FWIW, I just finished reading old Snail uke threads to get an idea of baseline history and overall improvements in the Snail ukulele company. They seem to be deeply under-represented on the forum (Voran the voice of Snail!).

Old threads are very relevant and important to a community focused on music and instruments.

Top Bottom