hope i didnt make a mistake

bulldog

Reaction score
i just bought an OSCAR SCHMIDT OU5DL, it looks really nice. i hope it will be worth it. any know about it?

Your only mistake is that you will be bitten by the bug and soon you will want more ukes and more expensive ukes. You will want ukes in every size and shape, from the tiniest sopranino to the biggest baritone and perhaps even a u-bass. You will want sopranos with concert necks and concerts with tenor necks. You will want mahogany, koa, acacia, spruce, cedar, mango and plastic ukes. You will want expensive pickups installed in your ukes so you can justify buying a nice acoustic instrument amplifier. You will hope and pray that the ukulele gods and the almighty Deach smile favorably upon you.

You've just had your first hit. Welcome to the habit. My name is Will, and I'm a ukaholic.

I have an OU5DL named Mariah...you won't be disappointed. If your girl comes with Vinci strings on her, you'll want to change them out for Aquilla's or Ko'olau golds. Personally I use the golds and her voice just opened up for me! Congratulations on a good choice!:D

i just bought an OSCAR SCHMIDT OU5DL, it looks really nice. i hope it will be worth it. any know about it?

That does look nice! You'll probably dig it. And even if you don't, you can always send it back, right? Paying return shipping's a drag, but it sure beats getting stuck with a uke you don't want.

Your only mistake is that you will be bitten by the bug and soon you will want more ukes and more expensive ukes. You will want ukes in every size and shape, from the tiniest sopranino to the biggest baritone and perhaps even a u-bass. You will want sopranos with concert necks and concerts with tenor necks. You will want mahogany, koa, acacia, spruce, cedar, mango and plastic ukes. You will want expensive pickups installed in your ukes so you can justify buying a nice acoustic instrument amplifier. You will hope and pray that the ukulele gods and the almighty Deach smile favorably upon you.

You've just had your first hit. Welcome to the habit. My name is Will, and I'm a ukaholic.

Hi Will.

(don't worry Ive seen the AA meetings. UAS meetings can't be much different.)

I'm Nick. Ive been playing the ukulele for about four years. Or rather it plays me. I haven't put it down since I started playing. I bathe with it, eat with it, sleep with it, and drink with it. I even take it to the bowling alley on fridays. I guess I'm here because I need help.....even though I do not want it...( evil laughter):drool::drool:

Welcome to UU! If you enjoy your new uke (regardless of the name on the headstock) and have fun playing it, it's the right uke for you. I have heard good and bad about every uke I own. :cool:

Big mistake. Eventually the UAS will get so bad that you will end up spending well over $1000 on a single uke. You should have just went for the long jump and started off with a $1000+ uke. But that is just my opinion.

Nah man, just enjoy the uke, but I warn you, UAS is a bitch.

I have an OU-5LCE sitting beside me at the moment. I love it. The sound is nice and smooth and the action is great. It is one of my favorite ukuleles. I have owned and played many ukes over the years. There are lots of great ukes. You will get lots of enjoyment from an OU-5LC.

I'm pretty new to the uke myself, been playing for a couple of months, but I was just given an OU5 for my birthday (it's still being shipped my way, it must be so scared in the box :p). I've heard conflicting reports on Oscar Schmidts, but mostly that they are a pretty good value for the price, especially if you change out the strings.

I played the OU5LCE the other day and it sounded pretty good. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I think the next uke I will buy is a Kamaka or KoAloha tenor (I wanted to buy the KoAloha concert that MGM had recently but car issues sapped some of my funds and then someone else snatched it up.) I'm sure UAS will be in full swing by then so I've even contemplated getting in line for a Glyph custom soon, being from the MD/DC area. If there is one thing I've learned from my short time here on UU, resisting UAS is pointless. Therefore, I might just embrace it and get in the 2 year line for the Glyph...

I have an OU5, same thing without the gold tuners I believe and I really do enjoy playing it more than my Kala. While the Kala sounds a little crisper and is definitely louder (neither one of them have the "traditional" sound I long for) the OS feels better in my hands and is more comfortable to play. Prettier too, she's a sweet little thing, and I got a sweet deal on her!

there are no mistakes when ukuleles are involved.

He hasn't heard me play...

Dig the uke.

There are two basic uke rules (which reflect life rules)
#1: Don't sweat the small stuff.
#2: It's all small stuff.

I can't sell my first uke. Just couldn't. No matter how many more I get/got. All I need is one more.

Top Bottom