FOR SALE: Twin neck soprano kit...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
This is a steal at $275.

Twin1.jpg

It is a project I started and then corrected myself on. What you see is what you get except I will do a 19 fret fingerboard for the cutaway side. You will need fretwire, position dots, nut and saddle material and tuners. It is a slim Jim at 1.4" - this is so that the air volume does not exceed that of a standard soprano. Here is a arial shot:

Twin2.jpg

Body is helium mahogany, very light with a great taptone. Necks are Spanish cedar and all they need is a dowel to fix them to the body. Fingerboards are cocobolo and the bridges are mahogany to match the body.

This really is a cool instrument that I just dont have time to finish. Price includes shipping worldwide.

Last edited:
how hard are these to build for people with absolutely no building skills at all?

???????? still for sale????????

Oh snap! If only I had $275 and some skills

You can also have high G and low G in the same Uke. Or tune each to a different tuning. If I had the $$$ I would have already bought it.

Sorry folks - I have been distracted with work on 5 tenors...

Yes it is still for sale and I built it on a whim when I should have been doing something else. Has a great tap tone and would be fairly easy to complete since the neck joints are done - you just need to carve the neck.

I've seen some ukes strung with 8 metal strings, two to a pair, kinda like a mandolin, could one make one of the necks like that, or would that be too much tension?
(It would be like a ukulele for Jimmy Page!)

Last edited:
Top Bottom