back panel busting out of eleuke

cocohonk

Reaction score
Bear with me, here's what happened: The back panel of the eleuke was fine at first. It was jutting a bit out from where it's supposed to be, so silly me unscrewed 3 of the 4 screws (I couldn't unscrew the last screw, it was so tight) to try and reposition it better. I was unable to position the panel better (the panel is just a tad too big for the space it should occupy, which is weird, but anyway), so I just rescrewed the panel back. But, the last screw (the lower left one, if the back of the eleuke is facing me) couldn't catch on, and I can't fix that one corner of the panel onto the uke.

After some inspection, I realize that there was no 'screw hole' in the wood of the uke underneath the panel for the screw to 'latch' on. It's non existent because the screw hits the edge of the wood (where the holes should be), and I'm clueless as to how it held its place prior to me taking the panel off.

It's not a big problem, since it still plays fine and sounds fine, but right now I'm using tape to keep the back panel closed (so dust and whatnots won't go into the crevice), and frankly, the uke looks a bit ghetto. :D

Is there any way I can fix that screw/screwhole so the panel can stay in its place on its own?

Just in case other people have the same problem, well it's fixed. Once I finally got the last screw out, I took out the panel and shaved down the sides so it'll be a better fit to the back. When that was done, I rescrew it back on, and perhaps the new position of the panel made that weird screw able to catch on to the side or something , but it somehow is staying in its place, and I'm a very happy camper. WOO!

Also, I'm never opening that panel again. :D

Glad you fixed it. Your post prompted me to go scurrying to check mine, and I am happy to report that it is fine.

Happy camping!

Ukantor.

Top Bottom