My Mainland's Intonation is off?

sleepsinashoe

Reaction score
Hi all,

I received my beautiful Mainland Tenor Mahogany about a week ago, and I'm loving it for the most part, it sounds beautiful. However, there seems to be a problem with intonation, but only on my g string! I did the test where I play the harmonic at the 12th fret and compare it to the note when fretted, and most of the notes sound right except for the g string, when fretted it's a good deal flat, I have to bend the note up until it's pushing the c string a bit to correct it. Help! I can't figure out what would cause intonation problems in only one string. Is there a way for me to screw up the harmonic? It sounds right on all the other strings.

Thanks
Sleepsinashoe

PS. I didn't buy it direct from mainlandukuleles, I got it from boutiquemusic, but he assured me Mike still did his incredible setup and all that jazz.

Last edited:
Try changing the string and letting the new one settle in. It may be a faulty string.

I agree...if all the other strings are okay, the G string is probably fatigued and needs replaced.

G-Strings always give me trouble too. :eek::D;)

yeah it's the string.

I just bought a baritone that had been in the store for a couple of years and had I that problem with the E string. I was worried at first but changed the strings and it's perfect.

Top Bottom