PDA

View Full Version : musicteacher2009

drbobdc
09-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know what happened to U-tube "musicteacher2009" ?:mad:

ritzer012
09-29-2009, 06:50 PM
account suspended? oh i feel bad for him....he just commented on one of my videos earlier...hes a great guy

seeso
09-29-2009, 07:30 PM
I'm wondering if he got one too many complaints from the RIAA. If so, that is horrible.

I just emailed him asking if there's anything I can do to help. I'll keep you all updated.

seeso
09-29-2009, 07:54 PM
He just got back to me. He's just sick about the suspension. I asked him to make a post on UU. I hope we can all put our heads together and figure something out.

The UU members here who have been following his channel will be informed, at the very least.

Updates to come.

MusicTeacher2009
09-29-2009, 08:04 PM
This evening I rather abruptly discovered I was no longer wanted on You Tube. . . All of my work has been eliminated. . . I'm heartsick and feel very deflated. I'm also frustrated in that it's difficult for me to communicate what's happened to all my wonderful supportive ukulele students worldwide. . . I just want you all to know I intend to come back in some form. . . and DO WANT to continue teaching. I'm finishing up a DVD of Christmas Music ukulele lessons which I hope to have available shortly. I had lots of plans and "to dos" on my list for the rest of this year and beyond. . . Please do keep in touch. . . You can reach me at FiddlerMike2005@yahoo.com or Incorrect email address deleted

Thank you again and best wishes and HAPPY STRUMMING!!!!

MusicTeacher2009
09-29-2009, 08:10 PM
Quick correction: that should be MusicTeacher2009@yahoo.com. . . NOT UkuleleMike2009@yahoo.com

Ronnie Aloha
09-29-2009, 08:19 PM
This evening I rather abruptly discovered I was no longer wanted on You Tube. . . All of my work has been eliminated. . . I'm heartsick and feel very deflated. I'm also frustrated in that it's difficult for me to communicate what's happened to all my wonderful supportive ukulele students worldwide. . . I just want you all to know I intend to come back in some form. . . and DO WANT to continue teaching. I'm finishing up a DVD of Christmas Music ukulele lessons which I hope to have available shortly. I had lots of plans and "to dos" on my list for the rest of this year and beyond. . . Please do keep in touch. . . You can reach me at FiddlerMike2005@yahoo.com or UkuleleMike2009@yahoo.com

This is devastating. Your lessons were wonderful! I hope you have the files on your computer and can reupload them to some other hosting forum.

Thank you for all your lessons.

ukulelehoo
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
This is terrible news!!!! I just found MusicTeacher only a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps we can help you start a new site?

wee_ginga_yin
09-29-2009, 08:53 PM
I can only hope this is some horrible mistake. Your lessons were great, and nobody deserves to see all of their hard work disappear like that.

Quite recently one of UU members adellethegreat was also suspended from youtube... never understood why and there was a long discussion about it here on the forum. Happily she was reinstated.

It might be instructive to read about what happened to her and how her case was resolved. I can only wish and hope the same would happen for you.

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12384&highlight=suspension+adelle

Your generosity in sharing all those songs with us should be applauded. When I think of the time and energy that must have gone into making all of those videos, it makes me sad to think that they are gone.

Peace Rob

veep
09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
this is a big bummer!!

MusicTeacher2009
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks to all of you for your support. I cant' express how much I appreciate it. . .

Blessings
Mike Lynch

ukulele2544
09-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah I just saw that.. I hope he's back on YT soon..

HoldinCoffee
09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey Mike,

KEEP STRUMMIN'!!

:cheers:

ogikloavailable
09-29-2009, 09:38 PM
oh my god. I woke up for about 16 minutes ago,and i have this bad news.

Mr.Mike,i dunno what i have to say,using your method is like using the easy way to play uke. I'm your 2000th subscribers by the way :D

Just keep to tryin tryin and tryin,and it will works again

:agree: and yeah,keep strummin :D

snowy_zoe
09-29-2009, 11:13 PM
This is not good,
I just found ukulele mike two weeks ago and found his videos most entertaining, I was looking forward to checking out the back catalogue.

you keep strumming away and I'll keep fumbling through Forever in Blue Jeans

cheers
Zoe

FourChordWonder
09-29-2009, 11:18 PM
Looks like everything is back in order.

Susie A
09-29-2009, 11:57 PM

Thank goodness! I am glad I didn't see this last night, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

MTM,
Thanks for all you do! Your lessons are much appreciated.

wee_ginga_yin
09-30-2009, 01:03 AM

Yes it looks like he has been reinstated since I just viewed "Brother John" which was posted on the 30th.

What a relief

Doctroid
09-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Whew. I was only up to Lesson 4.

whetu
09-30-2009, 03:16 AM
See... as an IT geek (and educated in international copyright law for kicks and giggles) this is the kind of legalese BS that really grinds my gears. Record companies claim they are trying to protect the artists, when in all reality the record companies consider the artists to be effectively dispensable. They're only interested in protecting their bottom line.

Fact of the matter is, before and during (and after... when the robots take over) the internet age we had/have/will-have communities of sharing knowledge. Beforehand the prime example is cooking. You could share a recipe, and if not, people could figure out a general approximation and share their version instead after the fact. Sure you can guard your recipe carefully, but even KFC readily admits that at least one of the few thousand approximations of the secret herbs and spices is close.

(You'll be wanting to read Maddox's The Alphabet of Manliness (http://www.amazon.com/Alphabet-Manliness-revised-Maddox/dp/0806531444/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1254313090&sr=8-1) for that)

In contrast as far as IT goes, you can share source code, and if not, you can figure out a general approximation for the same problem and share that instead. That's why instead of ripping off Internet Explorer we have much better options in Firefox, Opera (not open source, I know), Google Chrome et al... as well as a multitude of Open Source options that are equal to or superior to their proprietary competition. In saying that, there are also Open Source options that are godawful compared to what a vendor can offer - you can't win them all. Sometimes a recipe you read sucks, and sometimes 'cajun-fire-breath' seasoning doesn't sound much like Kentucky.

So a lot of the time, with the chords and tabs that we figure out for an instrument that would never have passed muster with the record company, we're off key (for innocent or intentional reasons), and we can't make a perfect approximation compared to a recording studio packed full of "reduce-the-suckage" computers and producers... so I have to ask what the big deal is? Because we're in it for mostly educational and entertainment purposes (within the usual legal restrictions of 'public performance') and after that we're usually well covered by fair-use, parody or similar doctrine... so again, why?

Why not chase the *real* pirates i.e. those who are flat out ripping off and reselling for profit, instead of attacking the harmless fans and/or the innocent?

Put yourselves in a musical 'artists' shoes. Would you want kids learning music to a song that you came up with, or some hillbilly shanty song from 5 trillion years ago? I'd also personally be happy to agree to some middle ground (i.e. creative commons) where people are free to play and sing-along to my tunes, but if it's used in a movie, advertisement or tv show etc within a reasonable time period, I retain royalty rights - everyone wins...

The record companies need to realise that they've missed the boat on what the consumer wants and that their business model is outdated and flawed. Blaming things on piracy and ukulele players instead of getting with reality is as dumb as it gets

:deadhorse:

/rant

p.s. glad that everything is back ukulelemike - your lessons are a treasure trove, keep it up!

wheelgunner
09-30-2009, 03:23 AM
Thank goodness! I am glad I didn't see this last night, I wouldn't have been able to sleep.

MTM,
Thanks for all you do! Your lessons are much appreciated.

Ditto! I'm glad I read through the whole thread. If I'd stopped after reading that Mike had been dumped from youtube it would have messed up my whole day.

seeso
09-30-2009, 03:34 AM
Woke up this morning to great news in my email box.

I'm crossing my fingers. . . hoping its not temporary . . . but I"M BACK ON!!!!. . .
I have NO IDEA what happened tonight. . . but THANK YOU for your support and all of the Ukulele Underground supporters.
I was honestly overwhelmed by the response. . . It brought me to tears tonight. . . THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Now, let's just pray its not temporary. . . I went to my account page and its says I'm "IN GOOD STANDING" so I'm hoping thats true

Thanks again
Mike

RevWill
09-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Have those idiots at RIAA not figured out that covers of an artist's song essentially serve as advertisements for their product?

cocohonk
09-30-2009, 07:06 AM
WOOO! Yay for musicteacher2009 and ukers all over the world (including me!) who benefit from your lessons.

I don't know how many songs I have bought on iTunes from the original artist from listening and watching someone's cover of them on youtube. It's free advertising.

And I'm angry for chordie too. Since they don't have the actual/exact sheet music of the songs (right?), and they're merely 'interpretations' of the songs, I don't see how posting a bunch of chords up should violate anything.

buddhuu
09-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Have those idiots at RIAA not figured out that covers of an artist's song essentially serve as advertisements for their product?

Evidently not.

My band did a ludicrous parody cover of Village People's YMCA at a free gig. I posted it on YT under my "panphobe" account. The copyright owners (Can't Stop Productions and Scorpio Digital) got a bee up their bottom about it (as they routinely do, apparently) and complained to YT, who promptly pulled the vid and issued me with a warning. :(

All they achieved was to alienate the band and our followers. We were no threat. :mad:

I'm delighted that Mike's channel has been reinstated. :)

I think I may have neglected to subscribe to musicteacher2009. An oversight I'm off to correct now.

Barney
09-30-2009, 09:33 AM
That was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - shock, outrage and then relief!

Welcome back MusicTeacher2009 - you were my first ukulele related bookmark and are still one I visit the most, you made my random, ugly twangings into music. Keep it up.

Barney

BedroomUke
09-30-2009, 10:48 AM
That was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster - shock, outrage and then relief!

Welcome back MusicTeacher2009 - you were my first ukulele related bookmark and are still one I visit the most, you made my random, ugly twangings into music. Keep it up.

Barney

I hear ya!

Glad its all up again:) Definitely one of the reasons i decided to invest in a Uke! Keep up the great work Musicteacher.

CoffeeMate
09-30-2009, 11:17 AM
I am just pleased as punch to hear this! I started having heart palpitations for a minute. Mike, your lessons have been invaluable to me. Keep em coming, you are a treasure.

Rubbertoe
09-30-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm really glad he's back. He's got some great stuff on his chanel. Congrats Mike! and boo on youtube!

ukulele2544
09-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, glad he's back up on YT! :D

Playscool39
09-30-2009, 12:19 PM
:nana:Glad you're back ! Your a big help to lots of us (including me). Can't thank you enough.

ogikloavailable
09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
:smileybounce: :rock:

Steiner
09-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Ukulele Mike is one of the main reasons I put up my own videos, and he's helped me tons. I've been following his video lessons since he came on YT. He's great. Glad to hear you're back on YT Mike. Happy Strumming!

ritzer012
09-30-2009, 04:55 PM
im glad hes on uu now too!

kiddfixit
09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Thank goodness you're back on Ukulele Mike. I love the lessons...You've helped me out quite a bit in getting started. Happy Strumming!

Luocorn
10-01-2009, 01:28 AM
Don't scare me like this! I started reading the thread and was about to break down and cry when I finally caught up to him being reinstated.

Thank you so much for all that you do Mike, you are a wonderful strummer and a wonderful person!

MusicTeacher2009
10-01-2009, 04:10 AM
Yes, we had a bit of a scare last evening. . . For those who don't know I was taken off of You Tube for a period of several hours or so. I dreaded that I was gone completely forever from You Tube but it appears perhaps it was just a technical glitch? I'm not sure, but I'm just so grateful to be back up and running. A HUGE thanks to all who sent me emails and messages of good thoughts, wishes and encouragement. I am humbled and gratified. . . HAPPY STRUMMING EVERYONE!!!! Mike :)

franulele
10-01-2009, 02:45 PM
Welcome back Mike! Your instructional videos are the best!!

When I'm looking for song ideas for Vt Ukelele Society, school, or just myself I always check in and see what you've posted. Heartfelt thanks!

Matt Clara
10-01-2009, 03:36 PM
This evening I rather abruptly discovered I was no longer wanted on You Tube. . . All of my work has been eliminated. . . I'm heartsick and feel very deflated. I'm also frustrated in that it's difficult for me to communicate what's happened to all my wonderful supportive ukulele students worldwide. . . I just want you all to know I intend to come back in some form. . . and DO WANT to continue teaching. I'm finishing up a DVD of Christmas Music ukulele lessons which I hope to have available shortly. I had lots of plans and "to dos" on my list for the rest of this year and beyond. . . Please do keep in touch. . . You can reach me at FiddlerMike2005@yahoo.com or UkuleleMike2009@yahoo.com

Glad you're back! I depend on those!

pamelamama
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
So glad this was resolved!

I love your lessons MusicTeacher2009 -- hope to meet you some day as I am local to you - over the bridge on the eastside!

kailua
10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
That was quite a scare! Thanks Mike for all that you do for the ukulele community. Your hard work and dedication are priceless. Mahalo!!! :music:

Vindelanda
10-01-2009, 07:09 PM
I was so happy to see your account back! I had just found your "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" tutorial and loved it but when I returned to the video it was gone! So glad to be able to watch it again. Glad it was just a misunderstanding, because I really loved your videos. :D

molokinirum
10-02-2009, 03:50 AM
account suspended? oh i feel bad for him....he just commented on one of my videos earlier...hes a great guy

Say it aint so!!!!:wtf:
They suspend something really good that hasa positive feedback and great following but allow the crap, violence etc to stay on:confused:
Mike, your lessons are the best and I hope you do get that dvd out soon!
Thanks for all of your hard work!!!

liverlipsyyz
10-02-2009, 07:19 AM
thankfully i missed this whole thing about him being down. i would have been devastated. keep strumming, musicteacher! you are the best teacher on the internet!!!

blueskyuke
10-02-2009, 08:03 PM
I just went to check out him out on youtube. It's fantastic! You've got another new student!

Ace-T
10-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Bit shocked at the start of this thread, very glad you have been reinstated though Mr L!

Love the fact that the tune on your main page at the moment is "With a little help from my friends" ;)

Thanks Seeso for keeping us all updated.

Ace-T :)

CountryMouse
10-05-2009, 01:18 PM
I missed the whole scary episode, thank goodness! I love your videos! I'm a newbie and watching you helps me a lot!

I hope you have EVERYthing backed up somewhere! All that work!

Cat'r and I were thinking of trying to do a video of The Gambler, since it's just three chords, with him singing and me playing and singing on the chorus. If we do, I'll be sure to mention you at the front end of the video!

Thank you for all you do!

CountryMouse

Cali
10-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Hi there,
i didn't know MusicTeacher2009 before i saw this thread!
I'm really impressed about this huge collection of tutorials and lessons!
You have one subscriber more now!
Keep up the good work

Rainhill
10-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Hi there,
i didn't know MusicTeacher2009 before i saw this thread!
I'm really impressed about this huge collection of tutorials and lessons!
You have one subscriber more now!
Keep up the good work

+1 - I'm really glad he didnt get wiped off. Was looking at his I'm Yours lesson just the other night, had about 3700 views. I'd previously looked at someone else doing it (good but not as clear as MT2009s), they had 16000 views. Perhaps he's a bit of an "open secret" ;)........

ukulele2544
10-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Yes, we had a bit of a scare last evening. . . For those who don't know I was taken off of You Tube for a period of several hours or so. I dreaded that I was gone completely forever from You Tube but it appears perhaps it was just a technical glitch? I'm not sure, but I'm just so grateful to be back up and running. A HUGE thanks to all who sent me emails and messages of good thoughts, wishes and encouragement. I am humbled and gratified. . . HAPPY STRUMMING EVERYONE!!!! Mike :)
Yeah I know! At first it seemed like you deleted your channel picture, but when I clicked on it, it said that your account is.. you know... But the good news is that your back! :D

ykey
03-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Sadly looks like the account might be suspended again.

Melissa82
03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Sad face. :(

ritzer012
03-26-2010, 06:40 PM
bahhhh hope everything works out...loveee mike

MusicTeacher2009
03-26-2010, 07:36 PM
You Tube decided to boot me off tonight from MusicTeacher2009 . . . I'm absolutely devastated. . . So I've created a new channel: MusicTeacher2010 and I'm asking everyone to PLEASE subscribe my new channel and PLEASE spread the word. . . My email address is UkuleleMike2009@gmail.com

shwee
03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
That's a bummer, Mike. :( I subscribed to your new channel, and I hope everything works out in the end.

DaveVisi
03-26-2010, 09:49 PM
I subscribed too. I also put up a Facebook announcement. We should all do the same.

Pass the word!

Skrik
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM
I really cannot wait until the music industry goes belly up. I hope all the useless executive fat-cat middle men end up on the street.

JCUK
03-27-2010, 01:47 AM
I've subscribed. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge with us -- wonderful lessons! Good luck getting your channel back up on its feet.

deach
03-27-2010, 01:47 AM
That sucks Mike. Hope you used a different email address for the new channel.

SweetWaterBlue
03-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Man that sucks. Your channel was so clearly educational, so they really don't care whether its a bonafide violation, or not - "just take it down" they say. What is the new name to subscribe to?

seeso
03-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Man that sucks. Your channel was so clearly educational, so they really don't care whether its a bonafide violation, or not - "just take it down" they say. What is the new name to subscribe to?

MusicTeacher2010

SweetWaterBlue
03-27-2010, 04:04 AM
MusicTeacher2010

Doh! That makes sense now that ya told me lol. I'm off to sub it.

I must say that I like the little technique lessons the most, and they have the added advantage of hopefully being WMG-safe. Teach a man to fish and all that sort of thing.

humberforth
03-27-2010, 09:25 AM
May I add my good wishes and thanks. I hope that you can find some way round this. I find it so sad that they can so ruthlessly and casually try to put a stop to someone clearly trying to pass on the pleasure of playing a few tunes to others, including poor ignorant unmusical oldies like me who have suddenly found through using your videos that they can actually get a halfway pleasant noise out of a musical instrument. Presumably because some miserable bean counter thought that they were missing out on a few pennies/cents for copyright.

Your work is much appreciated. Don't let them stop you!

SailQwest
03-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Mike, I'm sorry to hear this has happened again. I just subbed your new channel. I love what you're doing!

molokinirum
03-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Mike again, very sorry that you keep getting cut off by you tube. You are a real service to the musical community, yet you tube seems to leave the garbage on all the time. I subscribed to your channel as soon as I heard.
.......Happy Strumming to you too!!!!!!.......

Season
03-28-2010, 06:44 AM
Go Mike!!! I really need you!!! I just found your videos and subscribed about a month ago. I bought a new tenor uke to learn with and am only up to lesson 11. PLEASE don't give up and keep us posted on how to find you. I'll subscribe to the new Musicteacher2010 and I'll hunt you down like I did this morning and keep finding you! :c) Thank you so very much for your time and work to teach us and spread the love of music (music IS love!) and inspiring us all. I'm also thinking about getting an Oscar Schmidt uke. You sure make them sound good! Please take care and let us know how we can support you. Is there any way we can order your lesson DVD that comes with the Oscar Schmidt package separately from buying the package?

Love and blessings!
Season

mattoh
03-28-2010, 08:49 AM
I guess I'm not that familiar with music copyright laws to understand why they would have a problem with what musicteacher2009 was doing. It seems that what he was doing would actually increase demand for their songs and shouldn't be an issue.

Could someone enlighten me?

Oh. I love what he does and I've been using his videos for the past two weeks I have been trying to learn the uke. I'm headed over to subscribe to the new channel now.

ukumic
03-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I really cannot wait until the music industry goes belly up. I hope all the useless executive fat-cat middle men end up on the street.

I double that. It is really a shame. I feel very sorry for you, Mike!

SweetWaterBlue
03-28-2010, 11:47 AM
I guess I'm not that familiar with music copyright laws to understand why they would have a problem with what musicteacher2009 was doing. It seems that what he was doing would actually increase demand for their songs and shouldn't be an issue.

Could someone enlighten me?

Oh. I love what he does and I've been using his videos for the past two weeks I have been trying to learn the uke. I'm headed over to subscribe to the new channel now.

It has to do with what constitutes Fair Use and the burden of proof being on the alleged violator. There have been numerous threads on this in the last few months. The search function here sometimes works, but google almost always does:

http://www.google.com/search?q=copyright+fair+use+site%3Aukuleleundergro und.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

Nana
03-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Just wanted to chime in and say we're all rooting for you, Ukulele Mike! Thank you for continuing to help all of us out with your lessons, despite YouTube's silliness.

I hope that there will be a better alternative to YouTube in the near future without such draconian copyright practices. I wonder if there are any web-hosting-savvy UUers out there who could keep backups of MusicTeacher2010's videos online somewhere?

The Gunrunner Rimbaud
03-28-2010, 10:11 PM
I hope that there will be a better alternative to YouTube in the near future without such draconian copyright practices. I wonder if there are any web-hosting-savvy UUers out there who could keep backups of MusicTeacher2010's videos online somewhere?

One possible option is migrating to another video hosting service that isn't so heavily monitored by lawyers and copywrite watchdogs. Youtube ain't the only game in town, just the biggest.

DWUke
03-29-2010, 01:22 AM
Just wondering ... did anyone save mikes videos?
If so is there a URL from which we can download?

deach
03-29-2010, 02:02 AM

I see it both ways. I am sure he has drummed up at least one paying student because of his videos. Using covers of other people's work to attract students is not educational.

Jason Paul
03-29-2010, 06:24 AM
One thing to remember is that YouTube (ie Google) DOES make money off of the site.

It doesn't matter if Mike benefits financially or not, YouTube still makes money off of the content. If the copyright holder tells YouTube to take it down, they will take it down. It's their site.

Google is a giant PUBLICLY TRADED company (ie with shareholders to please). The last thing they want to do is get into a war over copyright infringement. That would be very public, and they would probably lose. And do that for each user who posts a song cover? Nope.

Basically, YouTube shuts down accounts to protect YouTube from being sued. The user is inconsequential.

Now, these are my thoughts - and I'm not "in" the music business and I'm not an attorney, so I don't really know how it all works. But, what I've typed above seems logical to me.

BTW, I love Mike's channel and have learned a lot from him. I hope the new one is able to stick around. It seems like a good idea to keep the content more tutorials rather than actually playing/teaching copyrighted songs.

Jason

Jason Paul
03-29-2010, 07:00 AM
There's a thread in another uke forum about this very thing right now. Seems my post above is valid, and is, as expected, only a small piece of a very large puzzle.

Jason

bennyandthesets
03-29-2010, 10:05 AM
That is a BUMMER! I am so thankful that MusicTeacher2010 is up now.
My Mom used to teach elementry music in Pontiac MI (dirt poor inner city school) and used current music to keep the kids interested (school kids don't want to learn O Clementine, or She'll be Commin' Round the Mt.). These lessons seem to have touched so many people it seems somehow evil to remove them. I know I was looking at playing Hey There Delilah and bought the song from Amazon MP3 to give me a better idea of what I was shooting for so to say that this isn't helping the band isn't entirely true (although near as I can tell they aren't on WMG)

Jason Paul
03-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Sometimes you don't have fun with kid's stuff until you're a grownup.

Jason

bennyandthesets
03-29-2010, 04:07 PM
I kinda hated the folk music my mom liked then but now I dig it. That was the beauty of the lessons on MusicTeacher2009, there were around 300 songs to pick from.

PrestonM
05-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Allthough it's a great shame that Mikes account was shut down, suspended is too nice of a word for this , understandably people and companies need to protect their assets to ensure their suvival but what is lost in trying to protect the present and the past is their futur. Most people that take up the ukulele will not be big stars and make any money playing it but the uke could be a stepping stone to an other instrument, forming a band, singing a record deal or god forbid a music teacher, such a shame.
Thank you so much too all the selfless on line music teachers out there.

sigmundo
05-15-2010, 06:00 AM
hi folks,

found a link to this thread on a german board. discovered mikes online lessons recently and can't tell how glad i am about this wonderful person and work! nothing comparative on the web, mike, what you are doing is a graceful blast!

i would subscribe but i left youtube, myspace,... lately, cause i'm afraid these tools are turing out to be nothing more then selling machines...

must check out if you have 'revolution' on your beatles-uke-channel...;)
(no complaints from mr.mccartney due to copyright issues so far? ;)

check this folks, he's genius!
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeatlesUkuleleMike

best regards, happy strumming!
aloha°sigmundo