What company is coming out with an affordable banjolele

Jim X-S

Reaction score
Did a search on Twitter for Ukuleles. Someone posted that their favorite Ukulele company is coming out with an affordable Banjoele.

Anyone know which company?

Thanks!

I believe it's Mainland 'Ukulele, and you know Mike has the best bang fo the buck in all 'ukulele's. I have to mention Waverly Street 'Ukuleles too Dave Gjessing also a gentleman and a scholar. ;) His Banjoleles sell quick so grab them while you can.

Last edited:
I've been hankering for a banjolele and have found that same quandry over where and who to buy from. If Mainland does, that would be my first trusted source, I check waverly all the time but never seem to get one before they are sold!! :(

I'm sure Mike with Mainland will let us know just about first if he does start producing that model he's happy with....I'd be happy to be on a waiting list! :)

If I'm not mistaken Waverly Street Dave will build you one that won't get sold out from under you if you negotiate with him. Dave?

I contacted Dave in the last couple of weeks and he said he was working on some new ones. I asked him to let me know when a concert banjolele was done. I hope he lets me know!

If I'm not mistaken Waverly Street Dave will build you one that won't get sold out from under you if you negotiate with him. Dave?

That's right, Dave Gjessing will make to order.

hrm... that eliminates impulse UAS buying :) ha ha

I'd kinda like to have a soprano version, does he or anyone else make one that small?

I'll keep an eye on his site and in the next month or so, contact him when I'm ready otherwise!

hrm... that eliminates impulse UAS buying :) ha ha

I'd kinda like to have a soprano version, does he or anyone else make one that small?

I'll keep an eye on his site and in the next month or so, contact him when I'm ready otherwise!

Dave just made a soprano banjolele recently, cute little buggar. Sold quick though so put in your order. ;)
http://www.wsukes.com/92/u92.html
tn_92-01.jpg

OOhhhh, that oak one is nice! dammit! And the wife says no....I can't really complain, she did just buy me my kala acacia tenor for my bday! Dave, thanks, please keep making them and hopefully for xmas I can talk my way into one! :p

going vintage is another option. There's usually a handful on ebay. That's where I got mine.

Top Bottom