Fender Ukes

BedroomUke

Reaction score
Hi guys:)

I've been a fan of the Ukulele sound for a while now and have finally decided to get myself one for christmas.

After reading up a bit I decided i want a Tenor Ukulele. There is one that caught my eye and was wondering if anyone knew more about it/has used one before.
Fender Ukulele Hau`oli
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0955630021

Any input would be appreciated:)

I'm really happy i found this site (through all your awesome vids on youtube, all you guys are so awesomely talented and really make me want to learn to play:))

Greetings from Holland,
T

I played on one of these and the abalone/paua inlay-koa model a few days ago, and I agree with the deachness that the first thing to change is the strings. Apart from that: the action is a bit lower than you'd typically find, intonation is very good, build quality is fantastic, sound is well rounded and projected (on stock strings), overall playability is tops though you can probably find better. I was in a hard-core guitar shop doing the "sweet child of mine" riff and changing some minds about the uke in no time... normally I need ~10 minutes warm up for that riff :)

I'm still on the fence as to whether it's worth the money though (I'm more a concert size guy), but given no other options I wouldn't say no. We don't have many tenor alternatives in the same price bracket here in NZ... maybe an Oscar Schmidt or a Lanikai and that's about it. Things may be different where you are... So see if you can find some other options in the same price range and compare IMHO.

It's overall not a bad uke, but don't make your mind up so soon is my advice. Being in Holland, you're fortunate in that you've got the entire EU (+UK :rolleyes: ) full of options, try Germany (i.e. ukulele.de) where the uke is fairly popular, or France or Italy... plenty of choices available there :)

I played on one of these and the abalone/paua inlay-koa model a few days ago, and I agree with the deachness that the first thing to change is the strings. Apart from that: the action is a bit lower than you'd typically find, intonation is very good, build quality is fantastic, sound is well rounded and projected (on stock strings), overall playability is tops though you can probably find better. I was in a hard-core guitar shop doing the "sweet child of mine" riff and changing some minds about the uke in no time... normally I need ~10 minutes warm up for that riff :)

I'm still on the fence as to whether it's worth the money though (I'm more a concert size guy), but given no other options I wouldn't say no. We don't have many tenor alternatives in the same price bracket here in NZ... maybe an Oscar Schmidt or a Lanikai and that's about it. Things may be different where you are... So see if you can find some other options in the same price range and compare IMHO.

It's overall not a bad uke, but don't make your mind up so soon is my advice. Being in Holland, you're fortunate in that you've got the entire EU (+UK :rolleyes: ) full of options, try Germany (i.e. ukulele.de) where the uke is fairly popular, or France or Italy... plenty of choices available there :)

Cool! Thats really nicely reviewed. I'm going to look around, thanks for the link, I was going to order mine form Germany (the fender) from thomann.de, 134 euros. I'm not sure though if im just paying for the name fender or the Uke quality, thats why i decided to ask here first. I'll check what my options are. Again thank you both for your replies.

Top Bottom