PDA

View Full Version : Uke Lesson 22 - True

anaka
09-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Hey people of the Underground! October's episode of Uke Lessons is here - one day early!

Uke Lesson 22 - True (http://ukuleleunderground.com/2009/09/30/uke-lesson-22-true/)

We were feeling a little 80s-ish this month and this is what came of it. Check it out, and if you have questions, suggestions, comments about Aldrine's tie-dye shirt, more examples of "True" in pop culture, etc., please post them below!

We just arrived in California for the first stop on the UU Tour (http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18836), so be sure to come by and see us!

OrangeUke
09-30-2009, 12:54 PM
good lesson!
that beat at the end was genius! hahaha

UkuLeLesReggAe
09-30-2009, 06:23 PM
awesome shirt. Anyways, awesome song. Nice conversation with a spider

jinny
09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
I always feel cheated when you guys do a lesson of a song I've already figured out long ago. Well, by "figured out" I mean that I've converted from a guitar tab I got from the internets. It's not that I feel some sort of ownership or anything, just that your version is usually a lot more complete with multiple pickings and a thoughtful strum pattern... I'm usually just happy to just strum along and sing... Now I have to learn this better way to do it or risk falling behind the curve.

Love the sing along. AG in a jacket and tie... awesome. Althought the tie is way too wide for the era. The 80's was all about the skinny tie. I hope he wasn't wearing socks with his loafers.

Sonseeker30
09-30-2009, 07:46 PM
I enjoy all the Uke Lessons...yet the bloopers at the end are always my favorite! Where are the chickens? They remind me of my summer vacations on the island of Lanai'...:D

Kaneohe til the end
09-30-2009, 08:13 PM
blazing. steaks.

specialmike
10-01-2009, 07:08 AM
haha,
doggie doggie doggie, he's white and... short:rotfl:

russ_buss
10-01-2009, 07:19 AM
great editing as always anaka!

the end was hilarious.

Cali
10-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Great lesson, great sing along... the ukulele part is easy while the singing keeps me still busy. I mastered the left-hand-mute faster than i thought -> great technique i did not know before.

Someday i will post a medley of all lessons i've learned here since this summer (actually all available ;-) )

jacjac
02-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Love this song! Thanks to this tutorial, I was able to perform it in front of a crowd and they had fun singing along with it too! Too wicked! :)