Bittersweet Symphony - The Verve Cover

HaileISela

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Today I got something special: I recorded a song with multi tracks including baritone Uke (both chords and picked), Tenor Uke (also chords and melody), Pandeiro, bowed psaltery and voice. I did that in my own selfmade (tiny) record room and with Ableton live. the only thing I do not have yet is a good microphone, so I'm currently using a headset microphone (I think there's quite a lot missing in the voice track...)

I then went outside to take a video. pretty awkward walking around moving your lips with a camera in your hand^^

and finally I tried to put both together. that wasn't easy, because my PC isn't able to play both the video and the sound.

SO PLEASE do not judge this video on the lack of heights in the voice or the lack of synchronism in the end...

Hope you enjoy it nevertheless!

Peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OZAKp2YKtU

I really liked this one. Your ukes sound so great how you mixed them. Such a full, beautiful sound :D

P.S. i totally know how you feel bringing the camera out into public. Today I strapped my camera to my foot with a belt and rode a motorcycle around for my next uke video... got quite a lot of weird looks in traffic.

Dude! Freaking fantastic! I loved it. 5 stars and faved.

Could anybody please tell me why YT lost half of the comments I had on this one?:eek:

...cuz youtube SUCKS!

However, this vid ROCKED! Funny, I was listening to this song last weekend whilst driving to work and I remember thinking how hard it would be to make a uke cover of it... and here you are doing it with... VERVE! Rocked it, really.

...cuz youtube SUCKS!

However, this vid ROCKED! Funny, I was listening to this song last weekend whilst driving to work and I remember thinking how hard it would be to make a uke cover of it... and here you are doing it with... VERVE! Rocked it, really.

haha, thank you, but it is actually not that hard... at least not if you either use multitracking or a simple arrangement. the picking is very easy, so are the chords...

Ya know, The Verve caught Hell over Bittersweet Symphany. I guess they used a sample of a Rolling Stones song somewhere in the original recording and the Stones people caught wind of it. After The Verve and this song really started getting noticed the record company pressed the issue and were given all rights to Bittersweet Sympany and then whored the song out to every company that expressed the slightest interest in using it for a commerical or a movie or whatever. Eventually the Verve brokeup and their greatest song can be heard everytime one turns on a television. Bittersweet indeed.

Amazing video! I've forgotten how much I love this song. Great Berlin views too.

Top Bottom