Sceptre on its way

haolejohn

Reaction score
Sceptre on its way Big Mahalo nui loa to someone special and Uncle Sam

It is done. I payed for ONE of my dream ukuleles today. Was looking at getting a factory second but a generous patron of the ukulele offered me a deal that was too good to pass up. Once my financial aid came in I pulled the trigger. I will get it either Tomorrow or Friday. Depends on whether or not it was taken to post office in time today. Pictures will be coming along with a video. Can't wait. Let the restless nights of sleeping in anticipation begin. Mahalo nui loa to that special someone as well as my wife for allowing me this chance.

Last edited:
awesome dude!!! ur so lucky thats my dream uke..make sure to post some vids when u get it

Congrats!!! We all know what it’s like to pull the trigger on that uke we’ve been craving for. And only one day of wait!!

It is done. I payed for ONE of my dream ukuleles today. Was looking at getting a factory second but a generous patron of the ukulele offered me a deal that was too good to pass up. Once my financial aid came in I pulled the trigger. I will get it either Tomorrow or Friday. Depends on whether or not it was taken to post office in time today. Pictures will be coming along with a video. Can't wait. Let the restless nights of sleeping in anticipation begin. Mahalo nui loa to that special someone as well as my wife for allowing me this chance.

Lucky you! All these people getting their new ukes... I am jealous! I want mine!

Very cool! Those sceptres look pretty sweet. Try not to obssess too much while you wait! (yeah right...)

Congrats on the new Scepter. I ordered mine today also and it should be delivered on friday as well.

Jack

Yes, I wanted the one with the crown bridge that he had a couple of days ago, but didn't act quick enough. The one that I purchased today has the bowtie bridge, but it has the crown fret board.

Yes, I wanted the one with the crown bridge that he had a couple of days ago, but didn't act quick enough. The one that I purchased today has the bowtie bridge, but it has the crown fret board.

I'm more of a fan of the bowtie bridge. With the crown bridge, I think the KoAloha's go too hard on the whole crown thing. (And I just think they look better.)

The crown bridge was one of my requirements. Mine doesn't have the crown fret board and neither does my concert. I kinda want that feature as well. The place I got it at has another one with the crown fret board but not the crown bridge.

Seems like you can only have one or the other. I am going to ask if they can make one with both crowns next month when I'm on O'ahu.

Seems like you can only have one or the other. I am going to ask if they can make one with both crowns next month when I'm on O'ahu.

I spoke with Brian at the factory. KoAloha is no longer making the crown bridge and they weren't taking request at this time because of the amount of backorders. I was told by a music store that the wait list for a sceptre is 2 years. I was told that the bowtie bridge is stronger and I think Paul mentioned here that he prefers the bowtie bridge.

Thanks for the info John. I am looking forward to going to the factory. I enjoyed your story about your factory tour.

Top Bottom