Bravo Flying V uke

Brewerpaul

Reaction score
Anyone have/seen one of these?
I got one when I first considered playing the uke. I got it in green, 'cause I'm in an Irish band and thought that it might be kinda funny to pull that out once in a while at gigs. It was very cheap and plays that way although the intonation is not too bad. My Lanikai Spruce Top tenor was a huge improvement. The Bravo's best point is that I had it autographed by Jake S this summer. :D

A green Flying V uke... that is just obscene, Irish or not. Did you blackmail Jake into signing that bugger? That is mean ;)

But hey, no pic? We have seen the Mahalo V, maybe it's just a rebrand or does it have unique "features"? Please post us a little pic to dream by...

I hope you put a nice green shamrock decal on it or maybe a "Kiss me I'm Irish" decal (or both). :D
Does it have a pickup installed? Amplifying should improve it somewhat. ;)

Here ya go:

100_2200.jpg

I like the sticker idea. Maybe a huge shamrock, centered over the sound hole with a cutout for the neck, bridge. Just so long as it doesn't cover the signature of that famous Irish uke player, Jake O'Shimabukuru. :D

No way this is worth adding a pickup to. It cost me $30ish dollars and is very cheaply made: very thin plywood, rough fret ends, black painted fingerboard, nondescript black nylon strings.

A new set of strings might help and as long as they're off I'll file the fret ends. That's about all the upgrading this "instrument" merits, although it does have a nice funkiness factor.

There's just something awesome about tiny Vs. :)

I've got a V Uke and the small electric guitar, the VeeWee. Just looking at them makes me absurdly happy.

Paul, no offense my brother, but YUK! :eek:

And I dare you to pull that out at a pure-drop session with a straight face...

And I dare you to pull that out at a pure-drop session with a straight face...

The Yuk factor is exactly why I got it.
Pure drop, nah.. but there's a pretty laid back old timey session where I think people would get a kick out of it.

Top Bottom