Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

UkeFan

Reaction score
The 2009 Bushman World Ukulele Video Contest starts today, October 1, 2009. To enter, make a video specifically for the contest, upload it to YouTube, and email us a link to it. We're giving away $3,225.00 in prizes! And, this year's winners will be chosen by popular vote. To learn more, visit our contest page.

Thanks and good luck,

Bushman Music Works

Ooh! I started work on my stuff for this a couple of weeks ago. Is it 3 entries total, or 3 for each (harmonica and ukulele), like last year?

lol, definitely an interesting first video- but not one I could watch for more than 40 seconds...

I recommend not supporting this contest until/unless things have been made right with i love stitch.

Edit for clarity:

I Love Stitch is a UU member, a 17 year old female who ordered a Bushman ukulele several months ago. The uke was never delivered. When Stitch contacted Bushman to get her money back, John promised to process the refund within thirty days. It was never processed. Since that time Bushman refuses to return or even answer her phone calls and emails. She is now out approximately $300 with nothing to show for it. If hers were the only horror story of poor customer service I would be more skeptical, but alas it is not. I simply cannot see using our talents, time or money to promote a company that would treat even one customer that way.

Last edited:
As of 9/22

seriously, is it this hard for him to give me my freakin 300 bucks back!!!
i call the work and cell phone of his at least 3 times a day, not once has he called back my messages!
He answered once, and he said it would be resolved in 24 hours, and its been 3 months since then!:mad:

Last we heard the ball's in John's court.

update: I just sent a PM to i love stitch to see whether the situation has been resolved. I would hate to see a 17 year old kid get the runaround and become jaded.

In principle, I'm all with you guys!!!

Boycott!!!!

...but.. I just got used bushman from someone on UU... I rather like it...

Apparently used is the only way to buy a Bushman these days. (And I mean "only way to buy" in both senses of the phrase).

I'm in agreement with the boycott. It isn't right for Bushman to ignore so many hurt customers and expect a contest to restore their reputation.

It's sad though, because it was the entries to this contest last year that really got me excited about ukulele when I was first starting out.

Or, since the winner of this year's contest will be decided by a vote, someone could write a song about how awful Bushman's customer service is and we can all vote it up. :shaka:

Or, since the winner of this year's contest will be decided by a vote, someone could write a song about how awful Bushman's customer service is and we can all vote it up. :shaka:

I'm just gonna retract it. It was too mean and snarky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom