Help chosing a Ukulele!!! :)

BedroomUke

Reaction score
Hi guys,

An unexpected financial suprise ( a good one) has got me looking at 2 ukes , one of which i can order right now!!! (im so excited haha, thought i had to wait a few months before buying one, damn financial crisis)

Since i live in Europe, and sort of want to order from a shop i bought my bass from and some other stuff, I have the following choices for Tenor:

-LANIKAI LU21T

-FENDER UKULELE HAU`OLI

The reason im limited to these two is the price range...so if you HAD to choose, which one would you take?

looking forward to your responses.
I cant wait to follow all the lessons properly and eventually upload some vids!

Strat heads belong on Strats.

Strat heads belong on Strats.

Not to be nit-picky, but as a Telecaster player, I'm contractually obliged to point out that the headstock on Fender's ukes is much closer to the Tele than the Strat. :D

--Mark

Thanks for your responses guys.

I agree about the head, it does not look "right".

Also I cant seem to find many reviews on the fender, and have read pretty good reviews on the Lanikai.

Looks like my first ukulele will be a lanikai:)

Thanks a lot for your responses.:D

That shape is also functional in the same way as a slotted headstock: it allows for the string to be routed along a straight path from the bridge to the peg. Whether that has an effect on tone and overall functionality is left to better minds than mine.

I'm a Telecaster guy and I kind of like the looks of the Fender ukes. Haven't had the chance to play one.

That shape is also functional in the same way as a slotted headstock: it allows for the string to be routed along a straight path from the bridge to the peg. Whether that has an effect on tone and overall functionality is left to better minds than mine.

I'm a Telecaster guy and I kind of like the looks of the Fender ukes. Haven't had the chance to play one.

Being a bassist I really dig Fender products in general!

The Lanikai won the aesthetics round for me though.

Oh man, hard to make a choice, however, since the Lanikai got a few good reviews on this site, I think that it was a good choice for me.
Seeing how much ive fallen in love with ukuleles (thanks to all of you on this site) , the lanikai wont be my last, so will add the fender to my (still non existing) collection.

Prepare for some really awkward first videos from me soon, people! I cant waiiiiiiiiiit.

Hi guys,

An unexpected financial suprise ( a good one) has got me looking at 2 ukes , one of which i can order right now!!! (im so excited haha, thought i had to wait a few months before buying one, damn financial crisis)

Since i live in Europe, and sort of want to order from a shop i bought my bass from and some other stuff, I have the following choices for Tenor:

-LANIKAI LU21T

-FENDER UKULELE HAU`OLI

The reason im limited to these two is the price range...so if you HAD to choose, which one would you take?

looking forward to your responses.
I cant wait to follow all the lessons properly and eventually upload some vids!

Lanikai every day of the week.

Im a big Fender electric guitar fan too. Owned a Amercan Tele forever, now just have the Japanese Strat (not Korean...Russ). But I just can't get my head around a Fender ukulele. Or even a Fender acoustic guitar for that matter-although i know they've been making them for a long time. I think in my world Fender will only make solid body electrics and jazzmaster basses...

You've got a lot of choices in that same general price-and-quality range. Mainland, Kala, Ohana and Flea/Fluke are others to examine and consider before you commit to a purchase.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Fender headstock. It's their brand identifier. It's just style. Some folks enthuse over it, others don't. Vive la difference! I'm thankful we have a wide range of designs, shapes and styles to choose from, not merely one.

What matters most is how the instrument feels and sounds to you.​

You've got a lot of choices in that same general price-and-quality range. Mainland, Kala, Ohana and Flea/Fluke are others to examine and consider before you commit to a purchase.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Fender headstock. It's their brand identifier. It's just style. Some folks enthuse over it, others don't. Vive la difference! I'm thankful we have a wide range of designs, shapes and styles to choose from, not merely one.

What matters most is how the instrument feels and sounds to you.​

Unfortunately I dont have much choice in that price range here in Europe. But will keep that in mind for my next ukulele :)

Hey - congrats on the new uke and welcome to UU! Have fun learning and playing that uke! Remember to post pictures when it arrives and videos too. We like to look and listen!!

Hey - congrats on the new uke and welcome to UU! Have fun learning and playing that uke! Remember to post pictures when it arrives and videos too. We like to look and listen!!

Thank you very much! I'm sure its going to be an awesome experience learning to play, this community is amazing, you guys really rock!

Top Bottom