Thank You, John Hall

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevWill

Reaction score
As you may have seen, John replied to another thread on UU with an offer to make things right with fellow UU member "I Love Stitch," by offering a full refund and a new uke. I sincerely hope that John and Stitch are able to connect and rectify this whole mess.

As promised, I am willing to offer my sincerest public apology to John. If I have offended you in any way, misrepresented your business or customer service, or bought into a fallacious situation, I am deeply sorry. I want nothing more than the restoration of Bushman's fine name and reputation.

Well said, Will. Let's give it a bit of time to see how 'Stitch makes out, and then see how we feel about Bushman then....

I hope 'Stitch will post to this thread with the upshot....

Seriously Rev? He fixes one customer's problem that has been going for a while and you offer an apology? What about all the others who have posted problems? Fine name and reputation? Puh-lease! It's pretty sad that he has to be called out on a public forum to make things right with his customers.

flame away.......

He fixes one customer's problem that has been going for a while and you offer an apology? What about all the others who have posted problems? Fine name and reputation? Puh-lease! It's pretty sad that he has to be called out on a public forum to make things right with his customers.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

For what it's worth, this is a good start. No, I personally still don't trust Bushman, but this is a step in the right direction. If Mr. Hall can right a wrong, I applaud that. Nobody's saying everything's peachy now, but IF Mr. Hall follows through this time (as opposed to last time) this is a good start.

Consistency is always nice. :p

I must agree with my fellow UCB'er here. A refund and new uke does not make up for the struggle even this ONE customer went through. And even if it did, an apology is way premature...

Last edited:
So when is he going to take care of the rest of us?

Do yourself a favor. Avoid Bushman!

I must agree with my fellow UCB'er here. A refund and new uke does not make up for the struggle even this ONE customer went through. And even if it did, and apology is way premature...
A quote from Will:

If the situation has been rectified then I will gladly apologize in this thread and in a new thread to John Hall and all at Bushman.

The situation with ilovestitch seems to have finally been rectified, so Will was doing what he said he'd do.

I agree, it sucks that it took a public call out. But...

:deadhorse:

Hopefully we've all learned that you should just buy a Mainland! haha.

Last edited:
My promise was that if he offered to make it right with I Love Stitch I would make a public apology. I held to my word. I hope John holds to his.

And yes, I would like to see him make it right with all of you but I didn't want this to turn into a witch hunt.

Not taking any sides, maybe John will read the thread and make good on the other situations. We'll just have to wait and see what transpires. In the meantime I'm hoping he will implement some action to improve his customer service policies.

I don't know whether John is receptive to a bit of unsolicited market research regarding how things look to the average uke mangler in the street...

When I first starting researching to buy a modest "proper" uke, Bushman was one of the few names I'd heard, so it was one of the first names I searched in forums etc. The picture that emerged was one of a company that had a more mottled reputation than average regarding communication and customer service. There were also hints of possible quality control issues - bellying etc.

Denial and excuses do not convince potential customers who research a brand. In the end I went Kala and I am happy. Had I read better experiences with Bushman, I would probably have gone that way, as it was a name I had heard.

Amongst the uninitiated, the name Bushman was kind of associated with being one of the innovators in the field of bringing mass-produced, affordable ukes of decent quality to the masses. As soon as we start to search on the name, the brand acquires a different complexion.

As has already been said, one issue fixed is only a start. The perception from where I stand as an objective observer is that Bushman may not have too many more opportunities to stop a sliding reputation from snowballing even further. A genuine new approach to customer service and QC, without blaming former associates or making other excuses would be a sound business move.

Online brand and reputation management is part of my profession. The advice I give clients is to deliver service and integrity, not excuses.

$/£0.02

YMMV.

....I dont think Deach saying "flame away" comes very lightly. ...

I intended this to mean "flame away at me for disagreeing with RevWill's premature apology" and not at Bushman or John Hall.

As of this writing, I Love Stitch has not responded to my PM asking whether the issue with Bushman has been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom