Question for Flea and Fluke owners about colors

Thumper

Reaction score
I was curious whether anybody here owned Fleas or Flukes in the following colors:

Hibiscus (red)
Ukelyptus (green)
Poi-ple (purple)

I've got a Mango-colored Fluke that I love, but I was surprised to see the Mango finish is a stain, not an opaque finish - you can see the wood grain and knots in the wood. (I like this look a LOT, but I wasn't expecting it)

So my question is: are the colors listed above solid, opaque finishes, or are they stains, which allow you to see the grain of the wood?

Thanks!

I have a hibiscus flea and it looks like its painted. But it sounds great.
Joe T

My Flea is hibiscus red. It looks painted to me, but I can see the grain through it.
I'll try and take a close up pic for you :)

Not sure if this is any help. The texture certainly comes through, but I don't know if you'd call it a "grain" really.
3974959954_25af67b9c1.jpg

I was curious whether anybody here owned Fleas or Flukes in the following colors:

Hibiscus (red)
Ukelyptus (green)
Poi-ple (purple)

I've got a Mango-colored Fluke that I love, but I was surprised to see the Mango finish is a stain, not an opaque finish - you can see the wood grain and knots in the wood. (I like this look a LOT, but I wasn't expecting it)

So my question is: are the colors listed above solid, opaque finishes, or are they stains, which allow you to see the grain of the wood?

Thanks!

Yup, same here. My Ukelyptus flea appears to be painted.

That's strange. I had a mango Fluke, but I would have said it was painted. The texture is similar to AnnaUK's photo above.

That's strange. I had a mango Fluke, but I would have said it was painted. The texture is similar to AnnaUK's photo above.

The grain on my Fluke is very faint, but you can definitely see the knots in the wood:

fluke_closeup.jpg

My green Flea looks stained to me. I can see the grain of the wood big-time.

The (excellent, as always) pictures over on Ukulele Review show the kind of green Flea I'm talking about. Although my wood grain has a lot of tiny little "speck" things in it, like Thumper's Fluke

JJ

Top Bottom