Classic 80's WWF!

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
LOL, I was watching an old episode of Married With Children last night, and it was the one where they had the old WWF wrestlers on. Was anyone else here a big fan of the classic 1980's WWF wrestling?

My favorites were:
George "The Animal" Steel
King Kong Bundy
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka
The Heart Foundation

You also had all the classic Hulk Hogan lines like: "Wha'cha ya gonna do, brother!"

Back then I was a kid and didn't know it was wrestling "entertainment"; I thought it was real. :p

Last edited:
I didn't know the World Wildlife Fund had wrestlers...

JJ

LOL, I was watching an old episode of Married With Children last night, and it was the one where they had the old WWF wrestlers on. Was anyone else here a big fan of the classic 1980's WWF wrestling?

My favorites were:
George "The Animal" Steel
King Kong Bundy
"Macho Man" Randy Savage
Jimmy "Super Fly" Snuka
The Heart Foundation

You also had all the classic Hulk Hogan lines like: "Wha'cha ya gonna do, brother!"

Back then I was a kid and didn't know it was wrestling "entertainment"; I thought it was real. :p

Andre The Giant!!!
The Wild Samoans
Greg The Hammer Valentine
Jesse The Body Ventura
Bob Backlund
Mil Mascaras
The Fabulous Moolah
..non wrestlers..
Freddie Blassie
The Grand Wizard
Capt Lou Albano

Man...I can go on and on...good times!!

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Junkyard Dog
Ultimate Warrior
Dusty Rhodes
Ricky "The Dragon" Streamboat
"Hacksaw" Jim Dugan
Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
"Ravishing" Rick Rude
Jake "The Snake" Roberts
"The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase
The Iron Shiekh
Nikolai Volkov

Did Ivan Putski ever wrestle for WWF?

Wrestlers

I used to watch WWF with my brother along with American Gladiators. I loved the Ultimate Warrior, Brutus the Barber Beefcake, and my all time fav, Mr. Perfect (Curt Henning). Sadly, Mr. Perfect is dead, and the Ultimate Warrior is off his rocker. I couldn't believe when I searched WWF wrestlers that have died, how many there are. It seems as if half of the wrestlers I used to watch are dead, and the majority are from steroids and others drugs. When will they learn...

Sgt. Slaughter
Tito Santana
Terry Funk
"Mean" Gene Okerland
Bobby "The Brain" Heenan
"The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart
Demolition
The Rockers
Big John Studd
"Cowboy" Bob Orton
Honky Tonk Man
Big Boss Man

Those were the good ol days! Used to love watching Piper's Pit. He'd invite Tito Santana or Captain Lou to sit down and have a nice chat 'bout rasslin', then Ace would clobber 'em with his cast! Cowboy Bob must have a record for having a slowest healing arm in the history of sports medicine. And of course then there was Roddy's boxing match with Mr T!!

The Bushwackers were awesome. I liked Brutus "The Barber" too.

Kamala, Animal Steele, Abdullah the butcher, Baron Von Raschke. Four horsemen vs. Dusty Rhodes the American Dream. also Jim Cornette the tennis racket dude vs Hawk and Animal (Road warriors) in a scaffold match. haha good times. :D

Last edited:
I got into ICW Wrestling when I was a kid, got to meet Macho Man Randy Savage in my grade school gym. If you knew how small my school was, you'd think that was cool. Of course, this was before he was all that famous, but still.....

I remember my dad and little brother and I went to see Wrestlemania on a giant screen at the Rosemont Horizon. That's how huge the WWF used to be.

In the late 80's I went to an event at the same place. We saw The Ultimate Warrior defeat Andre the Giant in like 15 seconds.

My favorite wrestler from back then was Superfly Jimmy Snuka, by far. I also had a soft spot for Hacksaw Jim Duggan. HOOOOOOOOO!!!

Those were the good ol days! Used to love watching Piper's Pit. He'd invite Tito Santana or Captain Lou to sit down and have a nice chat 'bout rasslin', then Ace would clobber 'em with his cast! Cowboy Bob must have a record for having a slowest healing arm in the history of sports medicine. And of course then there was Roddy's boxing match with Mr T!!

Hah, I remember the cast. Captain Lou was awesome too because he brought in Cyndi Lauper.

The Bushwackers were awesome. I liked Brutus "The Barber" too.

Didnt the Bushwackers always come to the ring swinging their arms back and forth in a march? I always thought that was funny!

Kamala, Animal Steele, Abdullah the butcher, Baron Von Raschke. Four horsemen vs. Dusty Rhodes the American Dream. also Jim Cornette the tennis racket dude vs Hawk and Animal (Road warriors) in a scaffold match. haha good times. :D

Weren't the Road Warriors the guys that had the KISS makeup on. They were pretty awesome.

I remember my dad and little brother and I went to see Wrestlemania on a giant screen at the Rosemont Horizon. That's how huge the WWF used to be.

In the late 80's I went to an event at the same place. We saw The Ultimate Warrior defeat Andre the Giant in like 15 seconds.

My favorite wrestler from back then was Superfly Jimmy Snuka, by far. I also had a soft spot for Hacksaw Jim Duggan. HOOOOOOOOO!!!

WWF came to our town too! I got to see Andre the Giant up close and personal. That guy was friggin' huge! One of my high school friends told him he sucked, and Andre pretended like he was going to backhand him. LOL, he was the best!

i dont remember much of the wwf, i do remember when hogan and savage split up, all due to the chick hogan saved and let savage get his butt kicked.

what was the name of the tag team that always had 2x4s when they walked in?

i dont remember much of the wwf, i do remember when hogan and savage split up, all due to the chick hogan saved and let savage get his butt kicked.

what was the name of the tag team that always had 2x4s when they walked in?

You must be thinking of Elizabeth. She was suppose to be Macho Man's "wife/manager". LOL, I remember that. She became Hulks manager and the soap opera kept spinning.

"Hacksaw" Jim Duncan was the dude with the 2x4. I can't remember if he had a partner or not. Might have...maybe someone else here can remember.

Top Bottom