Ukulele Drama board

SuperSecretJohn

Reaction score
I'd like to propose the creation of the "Ukulele Drama" board. This would be the not-so-bright side of UU. Users could rant and gossip in a board specifically for that purpose, so others who wish to avoid it can simply not read the threads listed in the Ukulele Drama board. Also threads that turn into drama can be moved here.

Generally, I like that this forum has respectful and nice people on it. Most of the time people don't practice manners anymore, UU seems to be a delightful exception!

:deadhorse::troll:

Aww shootz. I got a negative rep worth -7 saying, "go away." That could only mean it's from someone with tons of rep. iSorry. :( I didn't realize this place got so sensitive. I've been on hiatus for a while.

Oh, and P.S. Forgive me for coming across in a negative manner. I just would like to avoid reading drama while I'm trying to enjoy the rest of UU's quality posts, but it seems I created even more drama. It was an honest suggestion and not trolling at all. Whoever you are that gave negative rep, I still love you and UU.

Last edited:
Wow, minus 7, that is one for the books. My condoleances.
Still, I like drama when it rears its head on unexpected moments. Not the weekdays-at-17:30 type of organised type. Let us keep it spontaneous ;)

@Hobgoblin Steve: How could you have missed the enormous thread about rep points a while back? It carried on an on and on... Read it if you ahve a drizzly Sunday afternoon to spare, definitely worth it if you like drama. Btw, rep points: clicketh "User CP" in the top left of the forum or on the little scale at the top right of one of your own posts.

Aww shootz. I got a negative rep worth -7 saying, "go away." That could only mean it's from someone with tons of rep. iSorry. :( I didn't realize this place got so sensitive. I've been on hiatus for a while.

Oh, and P.S. Forgive me for coming across in a negative manner. I just would like to avoid reading drama while I'm trying to enjoy the rest of UU's quality posts, but it seems I created even more drama. It was an honest suggestion and not trolling at all. Whoever you are that gave negative rep, I still love you and UU.

How do you check how much rep is worth?

How do you avoid drama on a forum when people are passionate about a subject?

As far as your suggestion, many threads go by the wayside but still contain good info and suggestions. If there was a section for just drama, a lot of good info might be missed because people might dismiss any thread in the section.

How do you check how much rep is worth?

How do you avoid drama on a forum when people are passionate about a subject?

As far as your suggestion, many threads go by the wayside but still contain good info and suggestions. If there was a section for just drama, a lot of good info might be missed because people might dismiss any thread in the section.

I just subtracted from what I originally had. With you being the top in rep, I'm sure yours is worth over 10 by now. I'm not sure what the algorithm is though. I'm just assuming someone with more rep gives/takes more from others.

Valid argument. Passionate people are willing to stand up for what they believe in--be it politics, music, or customer service. I guess I shouldn't completely dismiss it all. It's probably better to take advantage of the invaluable information that comes from it.

SSB -- I actually like your idea, but wouldn't want it to happen. Deach is correct, sometimes there is good information to be had in the drama sections.

I'll just repeat what I always say -- if people don't want to read a thread, don't read it. If people don't like the way a thread is headed, don't go back to it. I'm too curious (read: nosy, I guess) not to read them, but I don't HAVE to respond. We basically do seem to self-govern ourselves. In the 1 1/2 years I've been here I can't remember an all-out war happening. Probably thanks to the mods though, huh? They're good.

Gee, even your drama thread thread barely created any drama, not that it was a bad idea. Although I have seen a couple of threads recently that qualified, but they died of natural causes.

The admins at UU have created a place where we can discuss anything as long as WE follow the :rulez:

Let's all think positively, peeps. :) Remember that WE are UU!

Gee, even your drama thread thread barely created any drama, not that it was a bad idea. Although I have seen a couple of threads recently that qualified, but they died of natural causes.

The admins at UU have created a place where we can discuss anything as long as WE follow the :rulez:

Let's all think positively, peeps. :) Remember that WE are UU!

I thought that was the super secret rule 2.

Keep UU on the good path, there's already enough negative crap in the world as it is.

Top Bottom