Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Herringbone

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other (Please describe)

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters

RevWill

Reaction score
What are your favorite binding options? You may choose more than one.

Last edited:
Tough one for me. I really love my Mainlan's rope binding, but I think my favorite binding is the abalone looking stuff on the Ohana cutaway that Ken plays.

http://www.ohana-music.com/teno/tk75cg/master.html

aw, I had Ohana in mind when I thought whether I liked binding or not....I chose white or cream, coz I didnt know what obalone was!

Thanks for adding the poll Rev, I was asking about doing this in another thread .

Personally my favorite Ukulele binding option is glue. Preferably the kind that is strong enough to hold.

Giving the matter additional thought. If "nothing" is the preferred option I would think the Ukulele would have a tendency to fall apart. Using "rope" is an option also listed. But if you don't get it tight enough the joints might vibrate.

Herring Bone might work. I don't know if the bones would be strong enough.

In regards to abalone. Hmmm... good question. Suppose if you could find several that are willing.

Funny question.

rope... white or cream is heaps nice though.

Wow that's a tuff one... toss-up between the MOP on my KPK and nuthin' on my other ones... I really do like the look of seashell MOP on my KPK so I'll go with that.

I like Ebony, but Sugar Daddy's would make good binding material. Either that, or black tar heroin.

I forgot to add complementary wood and tortoiseshell (cellulose, not actual honu) as options. Gah!

I like Ebony, but Sugar Daddy's would make good binding material. Either that, or black tar heroin.
Hey Boozie...if you're going there, then Thai stick or some classic hemplike material! BTH would make me forget to play!:D Oooooo...what about licorice whips!! Maybe braided?!

Last edited:
I agree with Deach

My Collings MT mandolin has a beautiful subtle tortoise shell inlay. I'll take a pic and post it. The mando is pretty nice too.....:rock:

Top Bottom