What kind of ukes do you have?

Island_Uke

Reaction score
I have a Hilo, Lanikai LU-21c, Tin Can uke and an Oscar Schmidt OU7T

Lanikai Pineapple, Lauren Bariton and pretty soon a KoAloha Concert Sceptre

I have a concert Northern JCD2, a Koa Pili Koko sop, a vintage Kumalae, a cheap Johnson sop and I'm waiting for a Koaloha concert.

I have a Epiphone 500m soprano, an old 1930's Harmony soprano, a late 60's champion soprano and an Oscar Schmidt OU5 Concert and Hamano H100C concert. If I had any money I would have more, I have developed a ukulele addiction and I do not think I can get enough of them!!!

Kala KA-ASMT mahogany tenor
2 x Makala dolphin sopranos
Stagg US80 solid mahogany soprano (a good one that actually belongs to my wife).

Martin S-O, Flea (soprano), Ohana (sopranino), 1950's Harmony (soprano), 1920's PMICo (soprano) and no name 1950's (?) soprano. :music:

Currently:

Mitchel MU-100 concert. Ew. :-(

Being made for me:

Pete Howlett Tenor Uklectic... it should be here very, very soon, and I am sooooo freaking excited!:smileybounce:

Lanikai LU-21
Bushman Jenny Pineapple
Applause Soprano
Kala KA-T
Flea (Tiki)
Fluke (Natural)
Tangi Manini
Amigo Baritone
Lanikai 6 string
Harmony Soprano

Moore Bettah Tenor
Mike Pereira Soprano
Kamaka Concert
Kanile'a Custom T Mango

Than including ukes family I live with have:
Fluke (Concert Hibiscus)
Kala Tenor Acacia
Makala Tenor
Mahalo Soprano
Kala KA-T

My first was my soprano from Hawaiian Ukulele Company. Then I got the Kanile'a K2 tenor (my first love), and my Kamaka HF3 curly koa tenor (my true love).

Lanikai LU-21
Bushman Jenny Pineapple
Applause Soprano
Kala KA-T
Flea (Tiki)
Fluke (Natural)
Tangi Manini
Amigo Baritone
Lanikai 6 string
Harmony Soprano

Moore Bettah Tenor
Mike Pereira Soprano
Kamaka Concert
Kanile'a Custom T Mango

Than including ukes family I live with have:
Fluke (Concert Hibiscus)
Kala Tenor Acacia
Makala Tenor
Mahalo Soprano
Kala KA-T

:eek: UAS at it's best :D
Would it be rude to ask why you don't own a Koaloha? Have you just not got around to getting one yet or is there a reason? Crazy collection.

I'm technically uke-less right now with the exception of a few cheapies to keep me sane until that's rectified.

:eek: UAS at it's best :D
Would it be rude to ask why you don't own a Koaloha? Have you just not got around to getting one yet or is there a reason? Crazy collection.

I'm technically uke-less right now with the exception of a few cheapies to keep me sane until that's rectified.

Haven't gotten to Koaloha.... ;)

Although, this Moore Bettah has ceased my UAS I think.

Wow Matt. I knew you had UAS but.. just wow.

My current ukes:
Mike Irving custom tenor w/ piezo pickup
Mainland mahogany gloss tenor w/ undersaddle pickup
Mainland Honeybee soprano w/undersaddle pickup

Coming soon: Sonny Daze custom concert cigar box ukulele

Kala KA-S soprano
Vintage Regal soprano
Pono Ohai Tenor

Also coming soon is a custom Sonny Daze concert cigar box ukulele

i have a kala mango tenor and a lanikai lu-21c and i honestly prefer the lanikai, also i need to buy more ukes.

Kala ka-st

Mahalo soprano x2 My kids uke's that I started on and once thought sounded
good.

oh i forgot ive just finished my first crappy cigar box ukulele doesn't actually sound to bad, shame the old machine heads ive put on it seem to have a rattle and well its my birthday in like 2 months so thats an excuse to buy myself a new one.

In order of acquisition:

1. Harmony mahogany Baritone ukulele of unknown vintage, originally owned by my mom. I learned my first chords on it when I was 8 or 9 years old.

2. The ubiquitous Hilo 2657 soprano. It traveled with me to Ghana, West Africa and accompanied me at seminary graduation. I actually hid it up the sleeve of the gown!

3. Tiki Flea soprano, polycarbonate fretboard. Christmas present from my wife and kids.

4. Natural Tenor-neck Fluke w/Fishman pickup. Great uke. Seminary graduation present to myself.

5. Grizzly Soprano Ukulele built from a kit. Not great, but it is pretty. Finished the mahogany with tung oil, which looks gorgeous.

6. Red Cedar Mainland Tenor. My baby! Birthday/Father's day present from the fam. Just put Fremont Blacklines on her, and she sings with them. Just a gorgeous instrument.

Top Bottom