Makapili Soprano in Europe

thomas

Reaction score
For sale is a handmade solid Acacia Soprano ukulele.

Makapili Ukuleles are 100% handmade by me in my workshop in Italy.

This one is made of 100% environmentally concious wood.

Top, Back, sides, headplate veneer: Acacia Confusa (urban tree removal)

Neck: Spanish Cedar (FSC certified)

Radiused Fretboard: Indian rosewood (recycled from a bass fretboard)
17 frets total, 14 to the body

Tuners: Grover friction tuners

This is a great sounding and looking soprano. It has a radiused fretboard for ease of playability.

This ukulele has a small spot on hte headstock that is not as smooth as the rest of the headstock, and the price reflects this. It does not affect playability or the sound of the instrument at all, only a small cosmetic issue that saves you money. There is also a very fine green line on the back of the headstock whre the ink from the FSC label bled out with the glue, but this is bareley noticable.

Here is a sound sample..My recording gear is rudimentary at best, please let me know if you can hear this ok or not.

updated sound sample: http://www.box.net/shared/kmz6khtyfr

Sold

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 149
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 104
  • no-flash-top.jpg
    no-flash-top.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 129
  • against-wall.jpg
    against-wall.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 104
  • headstock-flaw.jpg
    headstock-flaw.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
All of the ukuleles I sell have two day "inspection" period. If you arent happy after two days, send it back and I will return your money, minus shipping costs.

This ukulele sounds a million times better than my horrible microphone makes it sound. I probably shouldnt have even put this recording up it is so bad. Maybe I need to go buy a new mic.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
do you ever sell your ukes in american or ship them there?

Yes,

I can ship any ukulele to the US. I am coming there to visit my mom in November and could bring one with me and ship it from South Carolina if you are interested.

Take care,
Thomas

So, I bought a new microphone. I think this is a much better representation of the sound of the ukulele. It is still only a 10 Euro mic, but it is better. My playing still sucks though.

Sound sample.

http://www.box.net/shared/kmz6khtyfr

Take care,
Thomas

Thomas are you a commercial enterprise advertising any where else other than this site? Can I buy one of your ukuleles through an agent in the U.K.

No, I am not a comercial enterprise. I make very few ukuleles, more as a hobby than anything, because I enjoy it. I am definitlely not a factory.

I see that your posts are clearly aimed at selling your Makapili ukuleles and that you have a keen following of buyers. Do you sell at trade fairs in Europe?

I didn't even know there were trade fairs in Europe. I went to a festival in Vicenza once though, but I didnt sell anything there.

By the way, this is the only soprano that I will be selling this year.

Take care,
Thomas

Thanks, Thomas I hope to be in the Fabriano area at Christmas. I would like to try one of your instruments.
ciao.

how much is it in us dollars

Sold

And Ikulista, if you are in the area let me know. Come on by and we can talk story and play some ukuleles.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
This instrument is sold

Last edited:
London

I am going to London today, and I am going to take this ukulele with me. If anyone there is interested we can meet up and you can try it before you buy it. We can also negotiate the deduction of shipping costs.

Send me a message if you are interested in meeting in London. I will be there until Saturday morning.

Take care,
Thomas

So I took this ukulele to London and played it for a few days, since it is the only one I took... It got a few strum scratches on the upper bout, all minor, but they are there. Saves you the trouble of putting the first scratch on it.

Because of this I will reduce the price to sold, still including shipping, but still no case.

Take care,
Thomas

And if anyone needs or wants anymore information feel free to ask.

Last edited:
How about sold??? I would really like to sell this soprano before I go to the US in the middle of the month.

Take care,
Thomas

Last edited:
Yep still here.

I would be real happy to be able to put this one in the mail before I leave for the US on Monday.

Take care,
Thomas

Top Bottom