Any good quality audio sample of mainland tenor?

UnladenSwallow

Reaction score
Hi, I am interested in getting a Mainland mahogany tenor. since I can't try it in person I wanted to find a good audio sample before I but it. All the videos I have found on youtube are too tiny or otherwise unsuitable. does anybody have a good quality sample?

While I am at it 2 more questions: How thick are the necks on the Mainland ukuleles? And how does the ukulele compare with an ohana tk-35?

thanks!

I couldn't really find one either, that's what made my Kala acacia vs mainland decision so difficult. Most of the videos I found were, like you said, too tinny for me to tell

i was interested in hearing the audio also but the link from leftovermagic84 was of a guitar. did i miss something?

Here's "Something" recorded with my Mainland Red Cedar Tenor using my new Zoom H2 - completely unadorned by reverb or effects. Just uke and mic. Through my speakers it sounds astonishingly like my uke.

http://www.box.net/shared/cd13nk810b

The strings are Aquila Nylgut (all plain, no wound)
I'm not completely satisfied with the playing on the take, but it'll give you a good (160 kbps) sample of the sound and it gave me a good excuse to play with the H2.

Last edited:
Top Bottom