What does Bridge mean in a tab?

levers

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this lark.... Ca anyone tell me what Bridge means when it appears in a song tab. I am trying to play Paolo Nuttini's Last Request at the moment.
Gotta kill someone's song sometime!

:eek:

It's just the title of a section in a song that usually only appears once and is different than the verses and chorus; it's not a playing style/effect/etc., so you don't really have to worry about it other than that now you know what it is. :)

The "bridge" is a short transition passage that links to main sections of a piece of music. It was originally a term used in classical music. Now, it is often used for a short section that links the verse and chorus in a song.

Yeah, what they said...
For example, in Somewhere Over The Rainbow, the bridge is the part that goes"Someday I'll wish upon a star" etc.

In the Beatles' song Yesterday, it's "Why she had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say" is the bridge.

People sometimes assign a letter to the parts of a song, giving the same letter to all parts with the same melody. In Yesterday, for example, the first two verses would be called "A", the bridge would be "B" and the last verse is another "A". So, the melodic pattern of this song (and MANY others) would be AABA.

Top Bottom