Collings Tenors Opinions

brUKEman

Reaction score
I see the new Collings Tenors are out. Anyone know how they stack up against the other $1000 class of ukes. Or for that price should you just go for a custom?

For that kind of $$$, I'd go with a custom.

I have a Collings guitar, which I really love. If I had the money, I would buy another.

However, for that money I would get a custom ukulele. There are at least 3 ukulele luthiers who could make something that is better.

Also, with a custom instrument you can:

1. Choose the actual pieces of wood
2. Choose the wood combinations
3. Design it yourself (if you want to)
4. Decide on the decoration and binding
5. Choose the tuners
6. etc, etc.

On the other hand, to get a custom instrument you will have to wait (several years in some cases).

Who are the Luthiers you would recommend

Just wondering who the 3 Luthiers you would recommend are.

A Collings concert uke is on my top 3 wish list. Custom or not! I think they look great although I didnt like them when they first came out I now find my self spending time looking at pictures of them on the net!

I see the new Collings Tenors are out. Anyone know how they stack up against the other $1000 class of ukes. Or for that price should you just go for a custom?

Hey I've played a Collings tenor, I really liked the uke. It was very well made, excellent wood, felt balanced and sounded good. HOWEVER, it lacked that certain something that my Kamaka has. I think it just felt like a small guitar. For that money I'd either get a v. good Kamaka or a custom uke.

The Collings is good but I'd rather buy from one of the K brands.

Top Bottom