Tree Holy Pee!

Oh wow. I saw the title of the thread and was so confused...

But that's one heckuva crazy looking uke. And here I was thinking my Martin Backpacker looked like a broomstick. That TreeHolyPee what-cha-ma-call-it...now THAT really looks like a broomstick. Wonder how it sounds with such a small body and crazy design above the nut...

It looks like an anteater's head, lol. I must say I prefer the more traditional approach to ukes. ;)

I too was rather puzzled at the title...:D
But whoa, that is one crazy uke! I don't totally understand all the extra wood above the tuners...
But interesting. I'm oddly tempted to get it (Only going for 10 bucks so far) even though the other people in my house would think I'd really lost it.

"Surfer's" uke, if you read the whole description it relates the usual story about how this uke was supposed to be stuck in the sand via the headstock to stay safe and dry, LOL, while the guys surfed. Looks like if somebody hit the brakes hard in the VW bus or the old woody panel wagon, someone could get shishkabob-ed.

It can be dangerous, I have one and when you play that bad boy it is really huge and you have to watch where that headstock is going. You can hear them played if you check youtube and type in "Treholipee". I just restrung mine with Worth strings and they sound ok. They are plywood, but you would be surprised at how loud mine is. The sound is kind of "thin" but when you bring that bad boy out everyone in the room is amazed.

It is a fun uke to have around, but really long!

Top Bottom