Homemade Humidifiers

RevWill

Reaction score
What materials have you used to make a homemade in-case humidifier?

I discovered what I think is a perfect piece. I used one of those little green plastic things that is used by florists to deliver a single flower. Drilled a few holes in it, slipped some foam in there, popped the rubber cap back on, and it will suspend in the soundhole between the C and E strings while in the case.

I also like Aldrine's Sith Lord Pez dispenser. I have a General Grievous and a Hello Kitty around here somewhere......

Prescription bottles with sponges cut into circles and holes drilled in each end. Most pharmacies will give them to you free. careful drilling though

Last edited:
Plastic travel soap dish with holes drilled in it and a sponge inside.

What materials have you used to make a homemade in-case humidifier?

I discovered what I think is a perfect piece. I used one of those little green plastic things that is used by florists to deliver a single flower. Drilled a few holes in it, slipped some foam in there, popped the rubber cap back on, and it will suspend in the soundhole between the C and E strings while in the case.

That's exactly what I do. I't worked perfectly for my Kumalae in the soundhole, the whole of last winter. I don't think the Herco in the small compartment in the case is enough. I only drill holes on one "side", in a row, and slip it into the soundhole between the C and E strings; it sits at an angle with the holes away from the inside of the uke (like facing up), just in case. I use green foam intented for floral arrangements... flower holders with flower arrangement stuff.....

PVC pipe capped on both ends with holes drilled in the tube and filled with OASIS Floral Foam. You add water to the foam and it soaks it up.

I have a humidified reed case that uses some type of large silica granuals instead of foam. You add a bit of water to the silica granuals and they soak it up.

I have lots of these little jewel boxes, just about perfect with a small sponge inside.

PVC pipe capped on both ends with holes drilled in the tube and filled with OASIS Floral Foam. You add water to the foam and it soaks it up.

I have a humidified reed case that uses some type of large silica granuals instead of foam. You add a bit of water to the silica granuals and they soak it up.

What sort of dimensions of PVC pipe do you use?

Top Bottom