cheap custom builds

ukuleG

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone here does cheap custom builds as most Ive looked into aren't exactly in my price range wanted to treat myself for my birthday (in 2 months) just don't know if Ive got the money to cover it.

when i say cheap i mean like 250 pound/400 dollar. (and thats pushing it lol)

That is a pretty tight budget for a custom. But it all depends on what you want. You might try Waverly Street ukes. Or ask Link for the guy that built his uke. I forget the guy and don't know prices but the guy is up in Alaska. Otherwise you might find a nice used uke for sale but that is still asking a lot for that price range.

Good luck in you search.:)

i really like the look of a lot of those waverly street ukes but most seem to be sold already. does there maker visit this forum?

i really like the look of a lot of those waverly street ukes but most seem to be sold already.

This one is for sale and is in your price range

tn_100-01.jpg

Check with dave g of WaverlyStreet, he may have one in the making that will be ready for your birthday.

i really like the look of a lot of those waverly street ukes but most seem to be sold already. does there maker visit this forum?
Yea, user name is dave g and he's a regular here.

You could get a custom cigar box uke and probably stay within your price range. Look up Sonny Daze Ukes, Bluegrass ukuleles by Tom Guy, and there's another guy that makes CBU's that look good, I forgot his name. I think there is one called the Indian Tabac uke by him that should help you find him.

when i say cheap i mean like 250 pound/400 dollar. (and thats pushing it lol)

You are kidding right?

$400 will barely get you into a factory Standard, with factory Tenors running up to $900+. I know to even talk to Paul or Casey, you're talking $2K+, so forget about John.

Joe may be able to help with a Factory "special", meaning add-ons to his production line.

From a custom perspective, $400 will set the groundwork for an inlay on the headstock, but then you have to add the `ukulele in after that.
Let me know if you're interested, as I will work with almost any builder, except one on the West Coast, just because he's a Richard. If you create the image, and the less time I spend on creating the artwork, the more intricate it can be.

Personally, I'd take that $400 and get a good Factory Rack instrument, and be happy.

Like my Tattoo artist once told me, "Its better to get a great Flash Tattoo, than a good custom one."

-Aaron

You are kidding right?

$400 will barely get you into a factory Standard, with factory Tenors running up to $900+. I know to even talk to Paul or Casey, you're talking $2K+, so forget about John.

Joe may be able to help with a Factory "special", meaning add-ons to his production line.

From a custom perspective, $400 will set the groundwork for an inlay on the headstock, but then you have to add the `ukulele in after that.
Let me know if you're interested, as I will work with almost any builder, except one on the West Coast, just because he's a Richard. If you create the image, and the less time I spend on creating the artwork, the more intricate it can be.

Personally, I'd take that $400 and get a good Factory Rack instrument, and be happy.

Like my Tattoo artist once told me, "Its better to get a great Flash Tattoo, than a good custom one."

-Aaron

$400 will get a custom uke from Waverly Street Ukes.

Top Bottom