A message from Jake Shimabukuro...

Poi Dog

Reaction score
Jake told me to tell everyone at the Ukulele Underground... "WAAASSSAAAPPP!" and to keep the ukulele spirit going!

jakeandblalacks.jpg

Jake, my sons Shaun and David, my daughter Kristina and me after Jakes concert in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - 20Apr08

Plus - he gave a special shout out to Aldrine and Rayan! He told me to tell you guys to keep up the great work!

Wow that's cool! I hope I'll be able to see/meet him when he comes to Torrance in May (I need to get tickets...)

Sweet! thats awesome! I wish I had a pic with Jake! He's coming to canada in august, I'm probably going to do a road trip to where he's going to be. What did he all play?

Jake told me to tell everyone at the Ukulele Underground... "WAAASSSAAAPPP!" and to keep the ukulele spirit going!

jakeandblalacks.jpg

Jake, my sons Shaun and David, my daughter Kristina and me after Jakes concert in Ft. Lauderdale, FL - 20Apr08

Plus - he gave a special shout out to Aldrine and Rayan! He told me to tell you guys to keep up the great work!

Hey Poi Dog,
Nice looking family. You should adopt Jake! hahahaha.

Sweet! thats awesome! I wish I had a pic with Jake! He's coming to canada in august, I'm probably going to do a road trip to where he's going to be. What did he all play?

He played quit a few songs (mostly from his older CD's) - but he also played a couple from the new CD like "In My Life", "Here, There and Everywhere" and "Ice Cream". To see him do "My Guitar Gently Weeps" on YouTube is awesome enough... but in person... OH MY GAWD! It was worth it just for that one song I tell yah! LOL

But the most amazing thing was he did an IMPROV with Futureman (Futureman and the Black Mozart Orchestra came out after). The improvisation that they did... was just indescribable. Needless to say - I was blown away.

If you have to travel to see his show... DO IT! You won't be disappointed! :D

thats sweeeeeeeet

is that a Yomuri Giant's hat?

Yup - that's my main team! Yomiuri Giants all the way!! My cousin sends me Yomiuri Giants stuff from Hokkaido every once in a while... even though he's a Hiroshima Carp fan. LOL

Hey Poi Dog,
Nice looking family. You should adopt Jake! hahahaha.

Thanks. I don't think he'd go for it. LOL

Last edited:
Oh, by the by... I'm seeing him on Saturday! Anything you guys want me to tell him?

Awesome! Thanks for sharing that pic with us, bro. You have beautiful children!

Thanks Seeso!

I tell yah - I got to see you performing with your group w/Bosko and Honey along with the rest of the incredible performances on Open Mic on Saturday Night - then the following night I got to see Jake in concert and meet him afterwards.

What an awesome weekend! :D

Oh, by the by... I'm seeing him on Saturday! Anything you guys want me to tell him?

Seeso, if you see him after the show and think about it just tell him I said hello. We connected via email about 3 weeks ago as I was letting him know about an opportunity to do a house concert while in Florida on one of his off days. Enjoy the show.

Seeso, if you see him after the show and think about it just tell him I said hello. We connected via email about 3 weeks ago as I was letting him know about an opportunity to do a house concert while in Florida on one of his off days. Enjoy the show.

I will tell him you said hello.

hey seeso can u ask him why he cancelled his seattle gig :(

I will.

Top Bottom