My New Kala Acacia Tenor

Raygf

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Here are some pictures and a short video sample of my new uke. I received it on Wednesday from mgm. I'm thrilled. Enjoy!
Regards,
Ray
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCcj4mpluPM
picture.php

picture.php

Kala Acacia rocks !

That's a beautiful instrument. What is your opinion of it now after playing for many endless nights (I'm sure)?

I have been looking at getting one of the high end "K brands" but I am really thinking that I may be just as happy with one of these bad boys.

Any Kala Acacia owner, please chip in.

That's a beautiful instrument. What is your opinion of it now after playing for many endless nights (I'm sure)?

I have been looking at getting one of the high end "K brands" but I am really thinking that I may be just as happy with one of these bad boys.

Yes it is. Thank you. My opinion is the same as when I took it out of the box. OMG! This thing is amazing. It plays well, looks good and has such a balanced, clean, crisp, clear tone. I am very happy with it.

Don't let that stop you from getting a high end "K brand".

Regards,
Ray

The fret inlays are the one thing stopping me from buying this uke. They just look wierd to me for some reason. I'll be waiting to be able to try out Pono's new lines with slotted headstocks.

I really thought I just had to have one of these Kala Acacia tenors....until the Exotic Mahogany series came out; now I'm torn.

I like the slotted head stock on the Acacia, but not so much the fretboard markers.

The flame mahogany is beautiful, too. No slotted head stock, but no fancy fretboard markers, either. Also, it's a laminate....which (believe it or not) is a plus to me. I'm a bit paranoid about buying solid wood ukes and having them crack. Laminates are more robust in this respect, and thus more durable.

I would truely love either one. I don't know how I'll finally decide once I come up with the $$.... :confused:

The Kala Acacia is a good buy, but doesn't compare to a K brand. There is a big difference between the two.

The Acacia for the money is a steal though! Quality instrument for a low price.

CONGRATS on the Acacia! I hope you play it to death!

Top Bottom