Small hygrometers?

Doctroid

Reaction score
I have a dial hygrometer, about 3" in diameter and maybe 3/8" thick. The only place I can put it inside my uke case (a soprano Uke Crazy foam case) is inside the accessories compartment, which between that and the humidifier is pretty much full. The compartment door doesn't close with them in there, which means the humidity in there probably matches the main compartment pretty well, but it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" -- I don't see the hygrometer, so I don't check the humidity often. At the moment that's okay (in fact I don't have the humidifier in) but once winter sets in and our house dries out, I worry about not noticing how dry the case is getting.

So are there any good hygrometers available that are smaller than this? Something that might fit in the main compartment, say under the headstock? Or should I just put a sticker saying "read the hygrometer" on the case? I suppose that'd be cheaper...

I get all my hygrometers from local cigar shops. I normally get a Caliber Brand digital one that is about 2.5" X 1" and maybe 0.5" thick when mounted. It comes with a magnetic disc attachment so you can remove it when you feel and keep track of max/min temp and humidity since the last time you reset it. They normally run about 15-17$ and are totally worth it.

I've got soprano hard cases (the kind thats fitted to the shape of the uke) up near the headstock or on the door to the accessories compartment, just next to the neck of the uke.

It's about 1.6" in diameter. The picture in the link is larger than what it really is in person. Just to put in in perspective its exactly the size of that picture minus the outer aluminum bezel. It really is small. HTH

Last edited:
It's about 1.6" in diameter. The picture in the link is larger than what it really is in person. Just to put in in perspective its exactly the size of that picture minus the outer aluminum bezel. It really is small. HTH

Turns out I was looking in Petco, not PetSmart. PetSmart did indeed have hygrometers similar to or the same as those. However they were quite thick. They also had another hygrometer, brand name Fluker's, which was even smaller in diameter and much thinner. Unfortunately it came only in a set with a similar size dial thermometer, but I decided to buy it anyway; maybe I'll think of a use for the thermometer. The hygrometer fits nicely in my soprano uke case, near the headstock. Sorry, I know This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures; I'll try to get some pictures up in the next day or so.

Amazon also carries the set as well as apparently the same hygrometer by itself.

Top Bottom