Psp go!

Well, Sony is giving me the full court press to go buy another device that is hot as hell but I ultimately won't use.

PSP GO! Outrageously expensive and renders my stack of UMD un-playbale BUT.... MAN, does it look hot.

psp_go_hands_on.jpg

psp-go-white.jpg

unboxing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbcSDEDXtH8

So here is the deal. The PSP go is *basically* a more portable PSP standard. The hardware spec is pretty close to the same in terms of performance. However it now features bluetooth and a hard drive which replaces the UMD. This makes the device alot more portable. Here is a comparison shot:
psp-go-vs-3000.jpg

With that said, the PSP GO is NOT for everyone. The lack of the UMD drive and the very recent announcement that Sony will not support any form of conversion from UMD games to the digital format at this time which leaves people (like me) with a sizable stack of PSP games with few options aside from sell everything and re-buy, which I am contemplating... HOWEVER! The Go is expensive. Release price is $249.00 which to me says Sony is no longer even trying to conquer Nintendo and going after Apple and the iPod Touch/iPhone.

http://www.us.playstation.com/psp/systems/pspgo.html

Stay tunned for a prestine PSP-1000 and a stack of games hitting eBay soon hah, :D

Here is that comparison picture ;)

psp-go-vs-3000.jpg

So does it play the same games? Cause if so, there would have to be some sort of conversion option, otherwise why even think about switching...

So does it play the same games? Cause if so, there would have to be some sort of conversion option, otherwise why even think about switching...

As it stands now the PSP Go can only play games that can be downloaded off the Playstation network. Either direct download to the PSP, copied from the PS3 or downloaded via a PC.

Sony at this time has a "No support for UMD conversion to PSP GO" stance

So if you currently own any UMDs there is no conversion to Go possible. Thats why I was talking about liquidating my UMD and PSP collection on eBay and re-buying the Go.

So if you currently own any UMDs there is no conversion to Go possible. Thats why I was talking about liquidating my UMD and PSP collection on eBay and re-buying the Go.

And this is why Sony will never never never get any more of my money no matter how good the games are. No backwards cap on the PS3, bricked PS3 on a firmware update. Go which I admit is a decent idea kills the early adopters with UMD's, who want new hardware.

Bricked when you try to firmware hack around to get content you already own. Malware on music CD's. They just cannot get anything straight.

I hope the thing flops. Then GOW3 comes to any other console.On can dream, I mean I already have MGS on the 360.

And this is why Sony will never never never get any more of my money no matter how good the games are. No backwards cap on the PS3, bricked PS3 on a firmware update. Go which I admit is a decent idea kills the early adopters with UMD's, who want new hardware.

Bricked when you try to firmware hack around to get content you already own. Malware on music CD's. They just cannot get anything straight.

I hope the thing flops. Then GOW3 comes to any other console.On can dream, I mean I already have MGS on the 360.

Well, they stopped the backwards cap on their PS3's because the PS2 is still doing so well - honestly it isn't even that big of an issue if you think about it. Unless you got rid of your PS2, then...sorry to hear that (I didn't).

I think the only people that should affect are those who don't have their PS2's anymore (I still have mine plugged in as a matter of fact).

Top Bottom