$1150 for a Kamaka Soprano

I don't know... But for 1150 shipping should be free!

For that price, I'd rather buy 3 or 4 good mid-range ukes.

Yeah, you'd better be in love with it, or have money to spare! (Which is cool, some people do.) One of my unwritten rules thus far is, shop around until you find a good deal. Search ebay, keep your eyes here and on the Flea Market forum, write dealers and tell them the one you want is a little too much for you, and ask that they suggest something else. See what they say. Then when you do spend more than you really are comfortable with, you can always get your money back, or nearly so, by selling it on ebay.

to me, that is not worth it hahaha. I would definetly buy 3-4 mid range ukuleles, without a 2nd thought.

However!! good suggestion matt. i have never been on the flea market forum

I'd take that money and buy three 54-59 Kamaka standards off eBay instead.

ehhh... the market will drive this to equilibrium price... otherwise, some idiot will snatch this up.. which might result in artificial price inflation...

I love these ads. The remind me of when I walked into a local antique store five years ago and bought one just like it for $30. My 11-year-old son was able to start playing ukulele on a fine instrument (he plays it endlessly and has yet to put a scratch on it).

I saw a pinapple Kamaka on SF Bay Craigslist for $900 last week.

I agree with MGM...

No it is not market It is being sold at over twice what market would bring

Yes $1150 is about twice the going rate for the gold label kamakas...even in mint,museum quality they usually go for $400-650.....But Alas there are those out there that are either clueless,or are just plain greedy when it comes to vintage kamaka ukes....

Yes $1150 is about twice the going rate for the gold label kamakas...even in mint,museum quality they usually go for $400-650.....But Alas there are those out there that are either clueless,or are just plain greedy when it comes to vintage kamaka ukes....

FYI, this thread is over 5 years old...

For that price buy a new one!!!

lol 8 year old thread, I know Japanese tourist still pay around that price today , kinda extreme but the name brand kamaka is huge in japan.

I see new Kamaka sopranos going for $995 these days so in a few more years they will be worth $1195.

This thread will become self fulfilling.

Top Bottom