For the Absolute Beginners... in Seattle

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
Just a heads up re: an upcoming Instruction Session at Dusty Strings in the Fremont District of Seattle, WA.

I posted the info under "Gigs and Shows".

We really will start from square "1". :)

Just a heads up re: an upcoming Instruction Session at Dusty Strings in the Fremont District of Seattle, WA.

I posted the info under "Gigs and Shows".

We really will start from square "1". :)

sounds like fun... although I was hoping with "Absolute Beginners" in the title that this thread was about The Jam or even Bowie.

OK here's a brief "de"-brief of the session. Uncle Gregg and I taught 6 students for a couple of hours. Most of them, or at least 2 were true "Absolute" Beginners. The others came from various musical backgrounds so they had somewhat of a 'headstart' over the 2 true beginners.

I introduced them to Uncle Rod's Method and Strategy for learning to play the uke (see under "free gift for beginners" in the Beginner's Category) so we focused our collective attention on learning a few chords well enough to be able to change from chord to chord so that we were actually able to play a couple of songs at the end of our time together.

I've begun preparing for another "Absolute Beginner" class. Each is different due to those who attend. However, I believe we can learn from each of our experiences and try to get better. Hey, that sounds a lot like what we do when we practice our ukes!

Oh no, this def would have helped me out...I didn't check forums for a couple days and completely missed out? Are you doing anything again soon, around the greater Seattle area?!?

Aww poops!

Top Bottom