PDA

View Full Version : Necks with fretboards (3 sizes)

hoosierhiver
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
You guys might remember a thread a few months ago about necks and fretboards. We now have loads of them, sopranos, concerts and tenors with fretboards. The factory slotted the fretboards, but did not put in the frets ( I must have forgot to say "Simon says" for that detail.) We also have nuts, saddles and bridges for each size as well as tuning pegs.
We've also got some soprano necks with the fretboards already glued to the necks and the frets already to go.

Enjoy! http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

(If a moderator wants to move this thread to marketplace, that is cool with me. I only posted it here because this is where the idea originated.) :)

luvzmocha
10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Do all of your necks join the body at the 12th fret?

hoosierhiver
10-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Do all of your necks join the body at the 12th fret?

12th fret on the soprano, 14th on the concert and tenor.

Pete Howlett
10-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Oh - that was a bit of an omission...

Matt Clara
10-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but do they all have the rope binding on them? Also, does the lack of frets mean they cost less than the ones on your site? Can we buy fret wire from you, too?

hoosierhiver
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Not to beat a dead horse, but do they all have the rope binding on them? Also, does the lack of frets mean they cost less than the ones on your site? Can we buy fret wire from you, too?

No binding on them, except for the "ready to go" sopranos that already have the fretboard attached. The prices listed reflect the lack of fret wire. These are mostly a "for fun" thing, we aren't making alot of profit from these. We don't sell fret wire, but I have a feeling I'll be buying more of it soon.

Matt Clara
10-05-2009, 01:38 PM
No binding on them, except for the "ready to go" sopranos that already have the fretboard attached. The prices listed reflect the lack of fret wire. These are mostly a "for fun" thing, we aren't making alot of profit from these. We don't sell fret wire, but I have a feeling I'll be buying more of it soon.

I ordered one of yours with the binding last Friday. I haven't received notice that it shipped yet. Any chance you can send one of these "unbound" concerts instead?

hoosierhiver
10-05-2009, 01:41 PM
I ordered one of yours with the binding last Friday. I haven't received notice that it shipped yet. Any chance you can send one of these "unbound" concerts instead?

Can Do! We'll get you out tomorrow.

cornfedgroove
10-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Mike, whats the string spread and spacing on that nut?

hoosierhiver
10-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Mike, whats the string spread and spacing on that nut?

I'm not really set up to sell only nuts without the necks at the moment. I don't want to leave myself short of nuts. If you are looking for a steady supply, send me a pm.

luvzmocha
10-06-2009, 05:12 AM
What is the width of the necks at the nut and the 12th fret?

Thanks

George

hoosierhiver
10-06-2009, 05:51 AM
What is the width of the necks at the nut and the 12th fret?

Thanks

George

Presuming you mean the soprano size.
It's 1.12/32 at the nut and 1.24/32 at the 12th.

luvzmocha
10-06-2009, 06:23 AM
Presuming you mean the soprano size.
It's 1.12/32 at the nut and 1.24/32 at the 12th.

And the concert?

hoosierhiver
10-06-2009, 06:32 AM
And the concert?

1.12/32 at the nut and 1.22/32 at the 12th.

MoreUke
10-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Mike you realize that the necks will most likely sell a lot faster if you can supply fret wire. Probably much much faster if the fret wire were pressed in.

Heck, I'd even drive over to your shop or where ever and help you cut and bag the wire if you wanted to supply rolls or press them in if you wanted. No charge .... even.

Ahnko Honu
10-06-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't want to leave myself short of nuts.

For a guy few things worse than that! :eek::rolleyes:;)

I want to make a CB 'ukulele so good timing. :drool:

hoosierhiver
10-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Mike you realize that the necks will most likely sell a lot faster if you can supply fret wire. Probably much much faster if the fret wire were pressed in.

Heck, I'd even drive over to your shop or where ever and help you cut and bag the wire if you wanted to supply rolls or press them in if you wanted. No charge .... even.

You're right, but at the moment I don't even have time to pee.

cornfedgroove
10-06-2009, 12:13 PM
You're right, but at the moment I don't even have time to pee.

strap on a hot water bottle...you can use it to soothe your back after you fill it.

ksquine
10-07-2009, 08:25 AM
What are the scale lengths??

vahn
10-07-2009, 09:05 AM
For a guy few things worse than that! :eek::rolleyes:;)

I want to make a CB 'ukulele so good timing. :drool:

I spent all day yesterday looking for pineapple shaped cigar boxes to no avail.... I think trying to find a cedar treasure or keepsake box may be your best bet

cornfedgroove
10-07-2009, 09:54 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Cigar-Box-Ukulele-Concert-size_W0QQitemZ150377885362QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item2303386eb2

like this?

hoosierhiver
10-07-2009, 11:46 AM
What are the scale lengths??

Soprano= 13.9/16"
Concert= 15"
Tenor= 17"

cornfedgroove
10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
whats the string spread on that bridge? sucka

mwalimu
10-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Can you make the end of the neck flat and not curved to fit a traditional uke body? I want to buy some for a cigar box uke, but I hate having to sand them flat.

hoosierhiver
10-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Can you make the end of the neck flat and not curved to fit a traditional uke body? I want to buy some for a cigar box uke, but I hate having to sand them flat.

I've made a few into cigar boxes. The edge is curved for a uke, but I put sandpaper on a table edge and run the butt over it a few times, it's really easy to flatten it out.

hoosierhiver
10-08-2009, 04:02 AM
whats the string spread on that bridge? sucka

About 1.5/8ths

Matt Clara
10-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Can Do! We'll get you out tomorrow.

Did ja get that thing in the mail? I know you're real busy sending out all those back orders--just didn't want you to forget about me! Your automated system indicated I'd get an email when it shipped, otherwise I wouldn't even be asking. Probably. :o

hoosierhiver
10-08-2009, 04:40 AM
Did ja get that thing in the mail? I know you're real busy sending out all those back orders--just didn't want you to forget about me! Your automated system indicated I'd get an email when it shipped, otherwise I wouldn't even be asking. Probably. :o

Yup, It's in the mail. We usually ship the smaller stuff USPS, our automated system just applies to our UPS (uke) shipments.

Matt Clara
10-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Yup, It's in the mail. We usually ship the smaller stuff USPS, our automated system just applies to our UPS (uke) shipments.

Sweet! Now if only I didn't have to go away for my wedding anniversary this weekend...
;)

Thanks Mike--and thanks for the great service Mainland provides in these uke parts.

cornfedgroove
10-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Sweet! Now if only I didn't have to go away for my wedding anniversary this weekend...
;)

Thanks Mike--and thanks for the great service Mainland provides in these uke parts.

daaaaaaaaaaaang, I'm telling your wife you said this! sinner :D

Matt Clara
10-08-2009, 05:55 AM
daaaaaaaaaaaang, I'm telling your wife you said this! sinner :D

When she found out I was getting the neck soon, she said, "You probably don't even want to go away this weekend." She knows me too well!

Matt Clara
10-09-2009, 04:20 AM

It was waiting for me when I got home from work. Thanks Mike! I already have the butt sanded flat.