Necks with fretboards (3 sizes)

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
You guys might remember a thread a few months ago about necks and fretboards. We now have loads of them, sopranos, concerts and tenors with fretboards. The factory slotted the fretboards, but did not put in the frets ( I must have forgot to say "Simon says" for that detail.) We also have nuts, saddles and bridges for each size as well as tuning pegs.
We've also got some soprano necks with the fretboards already glued to the necks and the frets already to go.

Enjoy! http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/category.sc?categoryId=8

(If a moderator wants to move this thread to marketplace, that is cool with me. I only posted it here because this is where the idea originated.) :)

Not to beat a dead horse, but do they all have the rope binding on them? Also, does the lack of frets mean they cost less than the ones on your site? Can we buy fret wire from you, too?

Not to beat a dead horse, but do they all have the rope binding on them? Also, does the lack of frets mean they cost less than the ones on your site? Can we buy fret wire from you, too?

No binding on them, except for the "ready to go" sopranos that already have the fretboard attached. The prices listed reflect the lack of fret wire. These are mostly a "for fun" thing, we aren't making alot of profit from these. We don't sell fret wire, but I have a feeling I'll be buying more of it soon.

No binding on them, except for the "ready to go" sopranos that already have the fretboard attached. The prices listed reflect the lack of fret wire. These are mostly a "for fun" thing, we aren't making alot of profit from these. We don't sell fret wire, but I have a feeling I'll be buying more of it soon.

I ordered one of yours with the binding last Friday. I haven't received notice that it shipped yet. Any chance you can send one of these "unbound" concerts instead?

Mike you realize that the necks will most likely sell a lot faster if you can supply fret wire. Probably much much faster if the fret wire were pressed in.

Heck, I'd even drive over to your shop or where ever and help you cut and bag the wire if you wanted to supply rolls or press them in if you wanted. No charge .... even.

Last edited:
Mike you realize that the necks will most likely sell a lot faster if you can supply fret wire. Probably much much faster if the fret wire were pressed in.

Heck, I'd even drive over to your shop or where ever and help you cut and bag the wire if you wanted to supply rolls or press them in if you wanted. No charge .... even.

You're right, but at the moment I don't even have time to pee.

For a guy few things worse than that! :eek::rolleyes:;)

I want to make a CB 'ukulele so good timing. :drool:

I spent all day yesterday looking for pineapple shaped cigar boxes to no avail.... I think trying to find a cedar treasure or keepsake box may be your best bet

Top Bottom