How to annoy anyone...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Buy one of these on ebay item #150377745733... just go and have a look and imagine how hard it would be to pull this out of it's case in polite company. I've held and played one - creepy :eek:

...but they sound very well

That's pretty wild looking and yes creepy.

Man...if that were a uke, I'd play the heck outta that thing. Needs a squirrel-skin strap, though.

Anybody got a gig coming up at PETA headquarters?

Anyone?

--Mark

Am I supposed to be terrified of and lusting after this instrument at the same time?... Is that weird to anyone else?

Can't you get salmonella from armadillos?
I think if I got one, it'd have to sleep outside.

Leprosy but thats only if you eat undercooked armadillo meat.:) I bought one of those from the same seller, I think. I thought my charango was small but it's a little larger than my standard Lanikai. 5 pair of strings. They're tuned almost like a uke. G-C-E-A-E, only the C is a high C. The middle E strings are tuned in octaves with a low E and High E. If ya'll ever get the opportunity to pick up an inexpensive one, you can't go wrong in getting one.
Ernest

Picture062.jpg

Picture066.jpg

PS: I won't get an armadillo shell again, I read that they don't last as long as a wooden one and I'd like to keep one around for awhile.

Last edited:
i think if i got one I'd have to shave the hair off i don't really want that rubbing against me.

Buy one of these on ebay item #150377745733... just go and have a look and imagine how hard it would be to pull this out of it's case in polite company. I've held and played one - creepy :eek:
This Japanese charango player came to visit our uke group some time ago. The strumming techniques are amazing, the sound is huge, and listening to one of those armadillos screaming is an overwhelming experience. The rhythms are also very intriguing, and he said he goes through a set of hardcore industrial strength stick-on nails in a few days... not using glue but medical tape to keep them in place! The charango is like a uke for people with hair on their teeth :rock:

Search Youtube with " TOYO草薙 " (Toyo Kusanagi) for more. An amazingly well player :)D).

Last edited:
How to annoy anyone who plays ukulele

Tell them it's not a real instrument, and that they aren't original.

Top Bottom