My thumb hurts

Hidden Character

Reaction score
So I'm willing to admit that I am getting better and am moving on to much harder songs. But with all these more advanced pieces, its starting to become more of a matter of endurance than accuracy, my fretting thumb starts hurting eventually, is there any remedy for this?

Oh, and i don't actually use my thumb to press down any notes, it just hangs out behind the neck.

Maybe you are pressing/squeezing too hard?

Maybe you are pressing/squeezing too hard?

Yep thats probably it... Maybe the action is too high on your uke? Or you need softer strings?

Yeaaa I had the same problem it hurt so bad that I couldn't play anymore! So I just took a break for a while and massaged my thumb for a bit, after that I started to not squeeze so hard and Its all good now.

I get blisters on my left hand all the time.. everytime I play my uke.
Is it just me or other people have that same issue as me?

:confused:

is there any remedy for this?

Oh, and i don't actually use my thumb to press down any notes, it just hangs out behind the neck.

...Don't press so hard? Or just stick it through :)

I get blisters on my left hand all the time.. everytime I play my uke.
Is it just me or other people have that same issue as me?

BLISTERS? ON YOUR HAND?...Or fingers? Cause I mean, my fingertips are semi-calloused but BLISTERS...man. I don't know about that one.

eventually you will build up the skin on your thumb and your endurance for playing will grow more and more.

I thought a killer grip was a must?

Hi

I've only just started playing, my thumb on the back of the neck really aches too, I'm pressing down REAL hard to try and get F# or G#m (lol, guess which song I'm learning :D), and find if I dont do this, and even when I do, I'm struggling to get the A string barred firmly enough, so it 'pops' instead of plays. I suppose practise sorts this out? I have long thin (ish) fingers, never thought it'd be so hard to play a chord!!

haha maybe not blisters..
but there will slight peeling of the skin on the fingers.

Top Bottom