Back sore Brain fried but fiannly up to date

MGM

Reaction score
Flew in back to Hawaii last night with searing back spasms and had a backload of 2000 emails to respond to but finally back up to date and stocking up for the Napa Valley Ukulele Festival Playing with Joe Souza was a real treat with Gerald Ross on steel and Aldrene and his famous hat..(should sell it on ebay LOL) accompanying Joe as well as Charley Kiaha on guitar..Straight backyard Jam for the Festival concert. Having the UUU boys lurking all over was a treat Now if anybody has homemade backache remedies I'm all in. havent found a cure yet for typing dyslexia

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a good trip other than the airplane seats, which should surely be against the Geneva Convention.

Backache? Sure: Use the same remedies recommended for the flu, only do them in a recliner with a heating pad. :D

Glad you got to enjoy some music!

Hey Mike, c'ya at Berringers on Saturday . . . hope you stay feelin bettah and We can wala'au li'l bit.

Last edited:
Hang in there...little bit of rum always works wonders...

My favorite remedy for body aches is 20-30 minutes in a jacuzzi. Sit where the jets pummel on the affected area and it's almost like a massage. You'll feel so much more relaxed afterwards.

Barring that, a nice soak in a hot bathtub works wonders. If you don't have any bubblebath, just add a squirt of dish detergent. :) Fill the tub enough that you can sink down to your neck.

I dont know if its homemade, but I learned a hard lesson one day when my back went out while I WAS LEANING OVER A PAPER CUTTER....thats all I was doing!

I was standing there. I leaned over and...
I felt a twinge
I felt a tightening
I felt it seized, and then...
I fel-t over

my buddy says that kinda thing happens when your core body is weak...ie, I had to watch my weight and exercise a little, targeting my mid-section. I can surely say that when there's not so much extra heft on my small/medium frame...I feel waaaaaaaaaaaay better. Unfortunately I'm on the fat end of my weight cycle right now, trying to turn the tide.

Airplane seats blow chunks. Good thing you were on a short flight.

Hope ya feel better.

--Mark

Hope you're feeling better! If you get these back problems frequently, there is a book that I recommend you pick up. It's called Pain Free by Pete Escocue. It has a series of easy exercises that relieve and prevent pain. There are sections for every part of the body. And when I say easy, I mean things like lying on the floor with your legs on a chair easy. These things are so easy, it's hard to believe they work, but they really do. The book was recommended to me by a chiropractor.

Aloha Mike,

Hope you're feeling better. Another book that might be helpful is7 Steps To A Pain-free Life. How to Rapidly Relieve Back and Neck Pain by Robin McKenzie with Craig Kubey.

I have an extra copy I'll send you if you let me know where to send it.

Rice Socks in the microwave work great for me!

Oh! Use long grain rice, not minute rice...

Aloha Mike, sorry to hear about your back.
Homemade remedies? I just lay on the floor with my knees up on a couple pillows for awhile - that sometimes helps relax the muscles. Stetching the area works too - lie on your back and alternately bring one knee to your chest and hold for 8-10 seconds.
Store bought remedieds? I'm not sure where you could find it in Hawaii but when my back goes out, I use Robax (God's gift to sufferers of back pain). It's essentially Motrin/Advil (ibuprofen) with some muscle relaxant in it but it's a God-send.

Top Bottom