Should I be like...offended?

EricStetson

Reaction score
So apparently, last march when I had this crazy Abe Lincoln beard I was growing out for a play, one of my videos made it onto the Ukulele Hunt website in the heading "Ugly, hairy men play the ukulele too"

http://ukulelehunt.com/2009/03/21/saturday-uketube-ulgy-hairy-man-edition/

I gotta admit, I just stumbled upon it randomly tonight and it's a cute heading, but a guy has feelings, too. What if the article was like "Here's a bunch of fat chicks playing ukulele..."

It's still weird when I come across stuff on the web and all the sudden.. "Hey, that's me!" For one thing or another.

I'd be slightly more concerned with this line

I’d snog each and every one.

i'm just sayin...

I don't think they'd put Jason Arimoto on there under the title of ugly.. nor hairy. The guy only has hair on his head. Although I can't really judge, his face doesn't look horrible. Besides, the write said he/she would snog you, so why be worried? Even if you're ugly, even if your hairy, in the end, someone would snog you. :D

I wonder if I made the list? I had a pretty good beard awhile back and it is getting there again.

I found myself on there one time too, with a comment that was less than flattering. I posted a comment afterwards defending myself...and then after he explained that it was all in jest, I felt like a real douche. If you imagine it is one of your close friends calling you ugly or hairy or worse, and laughing...you would laugh too...or give them crap back. Go with it....besides...what Deg said is right.....look who you are paired with. :)

So apparently, last march when I had this crazy Abe Lincoln beard I was growing out for a play, one of my videos made it onto the Ukulele Hunt website in the heading "Ugly, hairy men play the ukulele too"

I gotta admit, I just stumbled upon it randomly tonight and it's a cute heading, but a guy has feelings, too. What if the article was like "Here's a bunch of fat chicks playing ukulele..."

Ha ha! Well, you're in good company bro! I was a bit "WTF?!" too when I saw I was labeled that way, but then decided it was all done in good humor and that the word "ugly" probably should be read as "badass"...

Baron
U.H.U (Ugly Hairy Uker)

Well, you ARE ugly and hairy!

JUST KIDDING!!!

That's one terrific video. I play in a little Irish band and I LOVE your style-- I haven't had the nerve to pull out a uke in the band yet (I play mostly flute,whistle and mandolin). Now I'm thinking that the uke's harplike sound would be a terrific addition. Gotta learn me a couple of Celtic tunes...
It doesn't pay to get offended by things said on the web. This was probably meant in jest but even if it was meant to offend-- who cares? There are all kinds of jerks out there. Consider the source and move on. With playing like that, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

Well, you ARE ugly and hairy!

JUST KIDDING!!!

That's one terrific video. I play in a little Irish band and I LOVE your style-- I haven't had the nerve to pull out a uke in the band yet (I play mostly flute,whistle and mandolin). Now I'm thinking that the uke's harplike sound would be a terrific addition. Gotta learn me a couple of Celtic tunes...
It doesn't pay to get offended by things said on the web. This was probably meant in jest but even if it was meant to offend-- who cares? There are all kinds of jerks out there. Consider the source and move on. With playing like that, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

I had an Irish band for some years and I play ukulele on Irish music all the time. It is a great instrument for the task.

go crazy, spam and hack theiur webpage... smash all their houses and car's and BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND!!!

Hey Matt...Uhhh in America those actions are considered to be criminal...I know you live in Australia and wasn't Australlia settled as a penal colony?:) J/K your post made me laugh.

I think we need someone from across the pond to define "Snog" for us. At any rate, If I were grouped on a page with Jason Arimoto, James Hill, John King, and the BaronK69...they could call me whatever the heck they wanted and I'd still be smiling:)

snog is a good thing :D

Top Bottom