Restring kanilea concert

RAZZLE

Reaction score
I have just restrung my lacewood tenor with worth clears and i much prefer these strings than the Aquila's.Has anyone restrung their kanilea concert with worth clears?what are your thoughts?I'm considering doing it on my kanilea.
Razzle

Last edited:
I have just restrung my lacewood tenor with worth clears and i much prefer these strings than the Aquila's.Has anyone restrung their kanilea concert with worth clears?what are your thoughts?I'm considering doing it on my kanilea.
Razzle

I'd use Worth browns if I were you. They look better with koa and are a shade more mellow.

I have one Kanile'a strung with Worths and one with Aquilas. Both types of strings sound great but are VERY different.

I have my Kanilea Tenor strung with Worth Clears. I'd say its an improvement over the Aquilas. As for looks, I think the browns and clears look equally good on koa.

I have a concert strung with Worth Clears too. It sounds great. Definitely a lot better than the Hilos that I had on before it. I love the concert sound with Worth Clears.

What's the difference between light and medium?Is one recommended over the other?
Razzle

What's the difference between light and medium?Is one recommended over the other?
Razzle

In my personal experience the Clears are brighter and the Browns are darker, and mellower.

I have strung both my Kanile'a Tenor and Kamaka Concert deluxe with both types and like the Clears much better. To me they have a fuller, more complete sound.

I have my soprano Lanikai (made by Kanilea) strung with Worth Clear Mediums. In my opinion these strings sound vastly superior on this uke compared to the others I've tried (Worth Browns, Aquilas).

When I received my Kanile'a, she was strung with Aquilas witch sounded good, then I strung her with D'Addarios then with Worth Clear, and I have to admit Worth are the best I've tried on this uke. A lot of sustain, a bright sound and a clear tone :D

It's great that these threads are archived. This is exactly the information I was looking for. Just purchased a Kanile'a T3. Sounds great with Aquilas (my string of choice on all of my concert ukes) but I'd like a little brighter sound than the Aquilas produce on the K tenor. I'll give the Worth clear mediums a try. Thanks to all who provided this excellent information (three years ago) and to UU for making and keping it available.

Good to know the next time I restring my Kanile'a tenor. Has anyone tried Aaron C's Mele Mana' Strings on their Kanile'a tenor?

I just got a Kanilea Tenor with Aquila strings. I'm a big fan of the Worth Clears and ordered 2 sets when I got the uke.

Now I just have to take the time to change them out... I'm pretty sure I'll like the Worth Clears better than the Aquilas, but right now it's still a super sounding uke with the Aquilas on it!
Cheers,
Skottoman

It's great that these threads are archived. This is exactly the information I was looking for. Just purchased a Kanile'a T3. Sounds great with Aquilas (my string of choice on all of my concert ukes) but I'd like a little brighter sound than the Aquilas produce on the K tenor. I'll give the Worth clear mediums a try. Thanks to all who provided this excellent information (three years ago) and to UU for making and keping it available.
If you want a brighter sound, try Savarez Classical Guitar Strings as described on this page. Video review by uluapoundr . . .

I put Worth Clears with low-G on my Kanile'a concert. While the C.E,and A strings sounded okay, the low-G was dull with poor intonation plus it didn't fit in the nut slot. So I had the nut slot widened to accept the thicker low-G and it still sounded dull.

I then tried the other Worth Clear tensions with the same result. After playing the Worths for a while, I put Aquilas back on and liked them much better.

I have Worths on my Kala acacia tenor and they sound great, but I'm not impressed with them on my Kanile'a concert.

On my k1 superconcert, loooove the D'addario t2's. You can buy a concert set in the UU store. They were like made for the combo of this Kanilea and my hands.

Enjoying the Aquila strings that my Kanile'a concert premium came with. Also left the stock strings on my Kamaka 3A concert. Both ukes sound great!
Haven't played a uke with Aquila strings in a very long time. Usually switch over to Fremont Blacklines immediately.

Ya know for a down to earth type sound, I do like the Aquilas. Like if I were strumming the kind of stuff the old uke club used to play, and it was string changing time, I'd prefer Aquilas. It's just for everything else, the t2s are spectacular. I've always found the fluorocarbon choices a bit meh anyway.

Keep in mind that my spectacular will be someone else's just so and so. Gotta try em all! :)

Top Bottom