PDA

View Full Version : High school you grad from?

Kaneohe til the end
04-20-2008, 11:51 PM
for those in hawaii, what high school did u guys grad from? Myself, from damien. Monarchs Cheee!!!:D

Poi Dog
04-21-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm not in Hawaii right now - I stay in Florida. But I still get one house in Makakilo (rented out li'dat).

'87 Campbell Sabres grad represent! :D

experimentjon
04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Iolani 08. Less than 2 months left...CHEE HOO!

Kanaka916
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM
FHS right down the street from Damien . . . and FYI some of my friends went there too.

Kateri
04-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Kauai High!

Guting
04-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Pre-messed up Damien

Dino
04-21-2008, 03:18 PM
'83 Waipahu. Go Maurauders!

rayan
04-21-2008, 06:37 PM
This is such a Hawaii thread... lol.

Kapa'a High 2000

For those outside of Hawaii and wondering about this thread, "What high school you went to?" is one of the most commonly asked questions here when you first meet someone. The reason for this is that there is usually a good chance you might know someone from that school thus gaining almost instant rapport.

Kateri
04-21-2008, 08:24 PM
The reason for this is that there is usually a good chance you might know someone from that school thus gaining almost instant rapport.

rapport is the most important thing when interrogating or interviewing suspects and witnesses.

I just got back from class. Can you tell? lol

Vroom
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
Medicine Hat High School...

well... not yet... in like, 2 months. haha.

Ame
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
San Leandro High School.
Class of 2007.

tsudawuda
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
almost pau w/ Perl City.

Kaneohe til the end
04-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Pre-messed up Damien

ya you are two years ahead of me i think, you played sax in band rite?

UkuLeLesReggAe
04-21-2008, 10:13 PM
*edit*
wrong thread :D

Guting
04-22-2008, 06:32 AM
yup s

Keonikapila
04-22-2008, 06:50 AM
Pearl City c/o 98...ahhh crap, I just realized this year is the 10 year reunion :eek:

ukulele-antihero86
04-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Leilehua High School. C/O 2004. GO MULES!!!

studentaccount1
04-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Kaimuki H.S.

experimentjon
04-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Kapa'a High 2000

For those outside of Hawaii and wondering about this thread, "What high school you went to?" is one of the most commonly asked questions here when you first meet someone. The reason for this is that there is usually a good chance you might know someone from that school thus gaining almost instant rapport.

Yup, here's a Hawaii Business Magazine article from a while back about this. It was an interesting read.

http://www.hawaiibusiness.com/Hawaii-Business/December-2007/Your-Guide-to-Local-Style-Business/

rayan
04-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Yup, here's a Hawaii Business Magazine article from a while back about this. It was an interesting read.

http://www.hawaiibusiness.com/Hawaii-Business/December-2007/Your-Guide-to-Local-Style-Business/

That is so funny you linked to Hawaii Business. They are one of the sister companies for my regular job and I got stuck doing some of the magazine to web conversions when the girl who used to do them quit. I remember doing that article.

tripl3thr33
04-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Pearl City grad '06

nikolo727
04-23-2008, 04:31 AM
fine.

i guess this doesnt apply to people in Pennsylvania.

putowheasdflkhyzz.

acabooe
04-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I went to High School all for years in Texas, but I am about to attend
Hana Lima Ia
School for Ukulele Making
in Kalihi this Fall.

Does that count...

:oO well, maybe not.

Acabo'oe:cool:

JoeyJr858
05-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Pearl City, if my dad would've kept us on the islands instead of retiring to the mainland. =( I grad Mira Mesa H.S. in San Diego.

I look for old classmates every time I go back tho'.
Barber's Point, OLGC and PCHES... you out there? c/o 93?? I miss you. LOL

my older sis grad from Pearl City 87'.

kailua
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
Kailua High. Someday soon I hope to be a Hana Lima 'Ia grad.:music:

Ahnko Honu
04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Ho you guys make me feel old like one turtle, an Uncle Turtle. :old:
Kailua High class of '78 GO HE'E NALU SURFRIDERS! I confess, I was the guy that painted "Class of '78" on the cafeteria roof. :old:
8-track stereo was high tech back then, you guys probably don't even know what that is. :old:
My kids older than most of you here posting. In fact I tink I get cheese in da back of my fridge more old den you guys. :old:

Ahnko Honu
04-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Kauai High!

Eh, no skea tell us da year! ;)

Kateri
04-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Eh, no skea tell us da year! ;)

2002 baby!

kailua
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
1964, same year I bought my Martin Soprano Style O. :music:

menehunenyc
04-22-2009, 05:45 PM
I can't say where I went to HS in Hawaii cuz I still get the chills when May rolls around and "kill haole" day is nigh. I was lucky I went to a school where that 'tradition' didn't fly. A little school up in Manoa Valley, class of 83, cha!!:nana:

Ahnko Honu
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
2002 baby!

Eh, you same age as my son Kamakani. His grandparents from Kaua'i from his Mom's side. Small island, maybe related. ;)

salukulady
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM
I can't say where I went to HS in Hawaii cuz I still get the chills when May rolls around and "kill haole" day is nigh. I was lucky I went to a school where that 'tradition' didn't fly. A little school up in Manoa Valley, class of 83, cha!!:nana:What the hell is kill haole day? We need details......we're haole and wanna know.....

menehunenyc
04-22-2009, 06:37 PM
What the hell is kill haole day? We need details......we're haole and wanna know.....

Am I that old, that nobody else remembers this?When I was a kid, every good little haole would avoid going to school during the last week of school because any day could be 'kill haole day', when the big ugly mokes would pounce on the scrawny haole kid and beat him up. My friends at Kailua HS swore by it. Good bedtime story eh? or is that a better campfire story?

FHS-72
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
What the hell is kill haole day? We need details......we're haole and wanna know.....

Last day of school and all the haoles were fair game. Usually only the high maka-maka ones though. It died down in the early 70s I think.

Farrington High, but still have feelings for Kauai High.:shaka:

salukulady
04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Last day of school and all the haoles were fair game. Usually only the high maka-maka ones though. It died down in the early 70s I think.

Well, I would have been safe. Never been a high maka-maka, just a lowly band geek.

04-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Pearl City, if my dad would've kept us on the islands instead of retiring to the mainland. =( I grad Mira Mesa H.S. in San Diego.

I look for old classmates every time I go back tho'.
Barber's Point, OLGC and PCHES... you out there? c/o 93?? I miss you. LOL

my older sis grad from Pearl City 87'.

i got arrested for vandalism at pearlridge in 7th grade so my parents sent me to live on the continent. then they found out my sister is a genius and rather than send her to the private school in Hawai`i, my family followed me a year later.

i was the first in my generation of kids to not go to high school in hawai`i. the majority went to either wai`anae or campbell. my dad went farrington. i was also the first to have finished on time. i'd go home a lot, but not going to high school there, i felt a bit misplaced, like i lost my Local Boy card.

a couple haole kids i knew got pounded. some bad. mostly military kids. not by me, i was just a scrawny surfer. one of my good friends still, absolutely hates Hawaiian music because he said he'd get beat up and they'd play music in the background. pure association.

Kanaka916
04-23-2009, 04:42 AM
. . . my dad went farrington.
What yo Dad's name and what year he wen grad? The reason I ask, ova hea get plenne guys dat wen grad from FHS . . .

04-23-2009, 05:28 AM
What yo Dad's name and what year he wen grad? The reason I ask, ova hea get plenne guys dat wen grad from FHS . . .

Lawrence or Lorenzo O. i think he grad '57 or '58? (i'm just adding eighteen years to his birthdate). not sure if he finished on time either tho. just say he was a small dark super skeeeeenny hawaiian/filipino guy who can wala`au you to death.

Kaneohe til the end
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
i got arrested for vandalism at pearlridge in 7th grade so my parents sent me to live on the continent. then they found out my sister is a genius and rather than send her to the private school in Hawai`i, my family followed me a year later.

i was the first in my generation of kids to not go to high school in hawai`i. the majority went to either wai`anae or campbell. my dad went farrington. i was also the first to have finished on time. i'd go home a lot, but not going to high school there, i felt a bit misplaced, like i lost my Local Boy card.

a couple haole kids i knew got pounded. some bad. mostly military kids. not by me, i was just a scrawny surfer. one of my good friends still, absolutely hates Hawaiian music because he said he'd get beat up and they'd play music in the background. pure association.

seems like your family went to all the "bad" schools in hawai'i. i cant really talk though, i went damien, pretty much the public school of private schools

grappler
04-23-2009, 09:30 PM
St pauls college in altona north

beeejums
04-24-2009, 06:34 AM

Kapa'a High 2000

It's the same way in my hometown... and where I live right now.

I think that's pretty common in any small town, really. Not to demean the conversation... just my input since I'm trying to get in on this whole "post whore" game :rotfl:

Graham High 2002! Woo G-Men!

...Oh, wait....

Rock-A-Hula
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
...Graham High 2002! Woo G-Men!...

G-Men?! :confused:

And here I always thought Graham's sports teams were called the Crackers??! :biglaugh:

experimentjon
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Iolani 08. Less than 2 months left...CHEE HOO!

Wow, this thread is old. It's like 2 weeks left until I finish my first year in college.

Kaneohe til the end
04-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Wow, this thread is old. It's like 2 weeks left until I finish my first year in college.

holy crap! i had no idea we were the same age. i guess its because of all the advanced courses youre taking versus the one class of four that i actually attend.

beeejums
04-26-2009, 04:28 AM
G-Men?! :confused:

And here I always thought Graham's sports teams were called the Crackers??! :biglaugh:

Lolz... Crackers indeed...

G-Men used to stand for "government men," and our mascot was this badass in a trench coat and fedora with a huge brim. After the Columbine shooting it was changed to the innocuous "Graham Men" with some redneck as our mascot.

Seriously, I can't remember the name, but he was just some redneck in a yellow shirt. The picture they painted on the gymnasium wall showed some teeth missing and a boiled felt hillbilly hat.