PDA

View Full Version : Dream Uke

mangorockfish
10-06-2009, 02:15 AM
If you could have only one size uke, which would you choose? Suprano, concert, or tenor? Also, brand name and wood.

haolejohn
10-06-2009, 02:25 AM
Easy since i already gotten two of my dream ukes (mele double puka abalone inlay solid koa tenor and a koaloha tenor sceptre) My last dream uke will be a Pineapple Sunday.

UkuLeLesReggAe
10-06-2009, 02:32 AM
tenor. anything tenor

mangorockfish
10-06-2009, 02:37 AM
DUH! I didn't put mine in. A clone of Aldrine's new one.

UkuCouS
10-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Tenor Koa, either Kanile'a K3 or Moore Bettah like Jumping Flea's one !

ukuleG
10-06-2009, 03:24 AM
pretty much any martin ukulele (well the old ones)

jforrest
10-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Moore Bettah tenor, all inlaid and fancy.

kissing
10-06-2009, 04:44 AM
Something classy and a bit different from the common look - like an Archtop or Vita uke :)

It would be acoustic-electric and sound great in both modes.

veep
10-06-2009, 04:49 AM
mainland tenor
I like both the
Classic Mahogany

RED CEDAR .

haolejohn
10-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Other than the moore bettahs and the PS nothing too fancy. You guys are simple.

Rainhill
10-06-2009, 04:59 AM
If you could have only one size uke, which would you choose? Suprano, concert, or tenor? Also, brand name and wood.

I am telling the truth, but I'll prob come across as being a bit awkward as well :p. A Tangi Manini Sopranino.

I fell in love with the Ohana Sopraninos after seeing them, and although like the look (ie white piping etc) of it, just liked the fact that there's a little bit less of the Tangi (bit shorter). The fact that you cant get them anymore (hasnt Tangi closed for business?) adds weight to it for me too.

I enjoyed UKISOCIETYs comparison, I thought the Tangi sounded a little better, but thought this may partly be due to the different tuning / strings.

bbycrts
10-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Moore Bettah Concert (does Chuck make concerts?) in curly curly koa.

dnewton2
10-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Moore Bettah Concert (does Chuck make concerts?) in curly curly koa.

Chuck does make concerts. Recenty there was a koi concert

Here is my 'NSB' Concert Moore Bettah. Not super curly but it is there

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=235&pictureid=1505

For now this is my dream uke and I have it. I want a koaloha of some sort but not sure what yet. I played a black label six string that felt and sounded great, and I didn't like 6 strings

RevWill
10-06-2009, 06:17 AM
A rosewood-fretboard concert Fluke printed with Ghanaian Kente Cloth. Also a KoAloha Tenor Sceptre.

haole
10-06-2009, 06:27 AM
I just got a KoAloha tenor yesterday so I feel a little guilty posting in this thread. But the UAS is not going away until I get a Pineapple Sunday and a Moore Bettah!

My dream uke would be almost identical to dnewton's Moore Bettah concert. Except I'd get an iridescent moon jellyfish inlay across the last couple frets. I love jellyfish.

thejumpingflea
10-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Hmmm

How about a curly koa tenor. Ebony bindings, Paua Abalone rosette, ebony headstock veneer, a simple inlay and grover geared tuners.

Oh, and throw in a mi-si pickup.

Oh wait! I have my dream uke (http://www.thejumpingflea.net/The_Jumping_Flea/Moore_Bettah.html)

;)

freedive135
10-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Only one... It would be my Koaloha Soprano. (Like I could have only one uke:eek:)

If I had the $$$ it would be a The Three Mermaids :drool:by Moore Bettah Ukes but soprano sized.

I would really like to have this Tenor by Mya Moe Ukes They have one in the shop I go to and it sure sounds nice, It's a very pretty Mango.

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/model%20resonator.html

The mango one in the pic after the guitar pic's.
Who has 1250.00 to loan me????

Ahnko Honu
10-06-2009, 06:51 AM
A super concert (concert with tenor neck) pineapple in Milo wood with ebony fretboard and Pheasantwood bridge and head veneer with geared tuners.
Should be ready in a month. :D:drool:;)

sukie
10-06-2009, 06:56 AM
My dream ukulele would be a super-concert KoAloha. I shoulda bought it when I had the chance. Oh well. I love my KoAloha concert and I'm not good enough to have any more fancy ukuleles. I also have a Lori's ukulele which is awesome in it's own right. I don't dream of any others.

ukeskywalker79
10-06-2009, 06:58 AM
A custom Moore Bettah Tenah, PS, or Kanile'a Super Tenor Deluxe. Seems like alot of us have the same dream uke.

UkuCouS
10-06-2009, 07:06 AM
Hmmm

How about a curly koa tenor. Ebony bindings, Paua Abalone rosette, ebony headstock veneer, a simple inlay and grover geared tuners.

Oh, and throw in a mi-si pickup.

Oh wait! I have my dream uke (http://www.thejumpingflea.net/The_Jumping_Flea/Moore_Bettah.html)

;)

Damn I hate you Matt ! ^^

GX9901
10-06-2009, 07:44 AM
You could say that I already have a couple of my former dream ukes (2 William Kings & a P.S.). I'm not actually sure what would be the next "dream uke" for me. I do have a "dream uke" build slot coming up in about 3-4 month for a Glyph, but I'm not sure if I'll end up liking it more than my King concert. This Glyph was ordered over 2 years ago and has undergone a complete re-design and a few minor adjustments. It'll be a long-scale mezzo-soprano (or an almost-concert) with a Gilbert tuner equipped slotted headstock (of course). It'll have a curly koa body and some custom inlays on the tail graft, fretboard, and headstock. It should be a good one and it'll be exciting to see something that's almost 3 years in the making (well, on the waitlist, at least).

haolejohn
10-06-2009, 07:57 AM
You could say that I already have a couple of my former dream ukes (2 William Kings & a P.S.). I'm not actually sure what would be the next "dream uke" for me. I do have a "dream uke" build slot coming up in about 3-4 month for a Glyph, but I'm not sure if I'll end up liking it more than my King concert. This Glyph was ordered over 2 years ago and has undergone a complete re-design and a few minor adjustments. It'll be a long-scale mezzo-soprano (or an almost-concert) with a Gilbert tuner equipped slotted headstock (of course). It'll have a curly koa body and some custom inlays on the tail graft, fretboard, and headstock. It should be a good one and it'll be exciting to see something that's almost 3 years in the making (well, on the waitlist, at least).

You must have some patience. Three years. I would have been put on blood pressure medicine.

GX9901
10-06-2009, 08:35 AM
You must have some patience. Three years. I would have been put on blood pressure medicine.

Haha, when I ordered that Glyph, I've only played the ukulele for about 3 months. I figured by the time it's built, I might be half way decent enough at playing the ukulele. I never thought I'd be consumed by UAS to the degree it has at the time. I guess I'm luckly that I'm still interested in the ukulele so that Glyph spot didn't go to waste.:D

schubs
10-06-2009, 10:38 AM
This
http://www.moorebettahukes.com/double_neck_uke_002.jpg

Island_Uke
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I would want a Tenor Kamaka or a KoAloha with a Slotted Headstock

bt93
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
the purpleheart kanilea floating around ebay :iwant:

KC8AFW
10-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, since I'm dreaming... I want a vintage ('60s or earlier) style 3M Martin in mint condition and a custom Moore Bettah (similar to the 3 mermaids...but maybe WWII pin-up girls instead). :drool:

Uncle-Taco
10-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Martin 3M. Someday...if a box of money falls out of the sky or something.

Luna
10-06-2009, 04:09 PM
A magic ukulele. The kind Dumbledore would play.

UkuleleHill
10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
http://www.koaloha.com/Images/KoAloha_Products/2008/SopranoStd/Soprano_010.jpg

vahn
10-06-2009, 04:58 PM
hmm I would say either:

A custom tenor cutaway M style boat paddle... koa with ebony fretboard and slotted headstock with ebony binding with a pickup..

or a slotted headstock moore bettah "the wave" cutaway tenor+pickup.

Ronnie Aloha
10-06-2009, 06:36 PM
After holding Mary Jane this weekend, I'd take a clone of Aldrine's new uke. Heck, I'd even take it with the fretboard inlay!

That was seriously the most beautiful uke I've ever seen. Chuck's would also be in the league but I just love the simplicity of Aldrine's. I'm sure Chuck could spec something very similar out so I guess both are even for me.

Vindelanda
10-07-2009, 06:56 AM
I have a few.

I really really want a Flea, in a pineapple design. I'm hoping I can save up and get one.

Less feasible would be a KoAloha Spectre...Concert size if they make them.

Oh, and something made of purpleheart wood. I've seen pictures of it made into ukes and guitars and it's awesome!

UkuleleHill
10-07-2009, 08:28 AM
http://www.koaloha.com/Images/KoAloha_Products/2008/SopranoStd/Soprano_010.jpg

Although I would love any mainland...

Duddles
10-07-2009, 08:52 AM
I already have one (funny how we were only allowed ONE dream uke, but most of us have multiple...) on the way. It is my custom Pete Howlett koa tenor Uklectic... I can't wait, it should be finished any day now...

My dream ukes I don't have yet...

Custom Pete Howlett koa soprano Uklectic
Custom Pete Howlett koa tenor Firefly Uklectic
Custom Road Toad Music purpleheart bass uke on a baritone body

Give me another year and I hopefully will have two (the Howletts) of those three.

Duddles
10-07-2009, 08:55 AM
Oh! I forgot one!

I am going to get a custom koa Tenor Fluke which I am going to have all my friends write notes/sign before it is finished... That way the signatures are protected.