Dream Uke

mangorockfish

Reaction score
If you could have only one size uke, which would you choose? Suprano, concert, or tenor? Also, brand name and wood.

Easy since i already gotten two of my dream ukes (mele double puka abalone inlay solid koa tenor and a koaloha tenor sceptre) My last dream uke will be a Pineapple Sunday.

Moore Bettah tenor, all inlaid and fancy.

Something classy and a bit different from the common look - like an Archtop or Vita uke :)

It would be acoustic-electric and sound great in both modes.

Size matters.....

If you could have only one size uke, which would you choose? Suprano, concert, or tenor? Also, brand name and wood.

I am telling the truth, but I'll prob come across as being a bit awkward as well :p. A Tangi Manini Sopranino.

I fell in love with the Ohana Sopraninos after seeing them, and although like the look (ie white piping etc) of it, just liked the fact that there's a little bit less of the Tangi (bit shorter). The fact that you cant get them anymore (hasnt Tangi closed for business?) adds weight to it for me too.

I enjoyed UKISOCIETYs comparison, I thought the Tangi sounded a little better, but thought this may partly be due to the different tuning / strings.

Moore Bettah Concert (does Chuck make concerts?) in curly curly koa.

Moore Bettah Concert (does Chuck make concerts?) in curly curly koa.

Chuck does make concerts. Recenty there was a koi concert

Here is my 'NSB' Concert Moore Bettah. Not super curly but it is there

picture.php

For now this is my dream uke and I have it. I want a koaloha of some sort but not sure what yet. I played a black label six string that felt and sounded great, and I didn't like 6 strings

A rosewood-fretboard concert Fluke printed with Ghanaian Kente Cloth. Also a KoAloha Tenor Sceptre.

I just got a KoAloha tenor yesterday so I feel a little guilty posting in this thread. But the UAS is not going away until I get a Pineapple Sunday and a Moore Bettah!

My dream uke would be almost identical to dnewton's Moore Bettah concert. Except I'd get an iridescent moon jellyfish inlay across the last couple frets. I love jellyfish.

Only one... It would be my Koaloha Soprano. (Like I could have only one uke:eek:)

If I had the $$$ it would be a The Three Mermaids :drool:by Moore Bettah Ukes but soprano sized.

I would really like to have this Tenor by Mya Moe Ukes They have one in the shop I go to and it sure sounds nice, It's a very pretty Mango.

http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/model resonator.html

The mango one in the pic after the guitar pic's.
Who has 1250.00 to loan me????

A super concert (concert with tenor neck) pineapple in Milo wood with ebony fretboard and Pheasantwood bridge and head veneer with geared tuners.
Should be ready in a month. :D:drool:;)

My dream ukulele would be a super-concert KoAloha. I shoulda bought it when I had the chance. Oh well. I love my KoAloha concert and I'm not good enough to have any more fancy ukuleles. I also have a Lori's ukulele which is awesome in it's own right. I don't dream of any others.

Top Bottom