Well whadya know!!!

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
When I loose the plot it is usually in a sensational way and I have done it with the 5 tenors. Two guys, Neil and Ed, both very similar in voice and to a certain degree appearance ordered ukes at the same time. Can you finish the story? If you can the Neil Murphy tenor is up for grabs for $500 as is plus $25 shipping. It works perfectly, needs a finish slapped on it and tuners, bridge etc but it's your for $500 as is if you can guess what went wrong. Remember it's a near mastergrade koa tenor that would normally sell for $1100... 17" scale, all the usual appoiontments.

And I laughed and laughed when I realised what went wrong...

The only thing that comes to my mind is that he ordered a soprano or concert and you accidently built a tenor. :confused:
But then again there would be no reason to sell it for half the normal price. So I guess something else went wrong. Anyway I might be interested in that tenor.
Aha I should have watched that 5 tenors video before guessing.
My second and third guesses are you either got the fretboard wrong or the headstock. Got it all covered now.

Last edited:
The only diffrence I see is that on that Neil tenor the fretboard goes a little more over the soundhole.

I think the two guys were actually the same guy, with divergent personalities. Kinda like Fight Club.

They likely just changed caps between visits. Not that I'm suggesting Pete's easily confused--he was probably just over-tired...
;)

You are right Ken - the slotted one went the wrong way... Slotted guy is fine but its a quick rebuild for the other one.

Truly Ken - this sort of thing cracks me up. Can't get annoyed because it is the constant reminder that I have feet of clay, really nice and forgiving clients and that it's not the end of the world...

I would give my left foot for one of your ukes. My woodworking skills are similar to those of a 3 year old and that ukulele would be doomed if it ever landed, unfinished in my hands. Lol @ the 2012 comment.

Top Bottom