help with syncing audio and video?

liverlipsyyz

Reaction score
hi! i have a video and audacity recording of me doing a tune. i imported the video and the audacity file in to windows movie maker but i can't sync the audacity audio track with my video track for the life of me! i spent about an hour trying to get the audio to match the video just by moving the audio track around and trying to match it up when i play back the video. is there an easier way to do this? is there easier software out there for this sort of thing rather than movie maker? thanks for any help!

At school I did some projects involving syncing audio to movie clips. It's tough if you're trying to match the two by using dialog, or in your case, the strumming patterns of your uke.

It doesn't really help for your current movie but the easiest way to sync audio and video would be to have a clear transient at the very beginning (such as a clap, snare drum hit, etc.). That's why in movies they always use these...

preview_clapperboard.jpg

They sync the audio up with the transient made from snapping the top down.

So using the clapper (marker) you can either match the "clap" from the audio recording with the "clap" from the cameras audio track, or (if there is no seperate audio track) you sync the "clap" from the audio with the frame in the video where the clapper hits, or closes.

(finally film school pays off...'bout damn time)

Top Bottom