I need Recording help

ukemonster

Reaction score
can some one help me?

what program(free) can i use to record myself playing the uke. I have a small plug in mike, and a built in web cam.

Can i use one program to record a one shot video?

I've tried some free ones already, but they don't seem to match the audio with the video, the timeing is out, looks crap.

I don't care about editing, i just want a half decent one take video.

any advise would be much apreciated as i am getting frustrated:confused:

cheers

If you're using Windows you can use Windows Movie Maker (should already be installed) to record video and audio. If you want to record audio separately you can use Audacity.

Right ok

with windows movie maker, i can't figure out how to make a video using the web cam.

is the only option importing a video into the program?:(

Right ok

with windows movie maker, i can't figure out how to make a video using the web cam.

is the only option importing a video into the program?:(

No, one of the options is to Capture from video device. If the device is hooked to your computer, Movie Maker should recognize it.

No, one of the options is to Capture from video device. If the device is hooked to your computer, Movie Maker should recognize it.

Yep that's right, if the drivers aren't installed, you can likely get them from the manufacturers website... Also when you download the drivers, it is likely you will have some sort of capturing software installed with them as well...

if you really want to go nuts, most cell phones can capture youtube quality vids these days. I'm pretty sure I remember that our hip hop contest winner shot his entire video on his phone.

Yep that's right, if the drivers aren't installed, you can likely get them from the manufacturers website... Also when you download the drivers, it is likely you will have some sort of capturing software installed with them as well...

cheers guys
the camera i want to use is built into the laptop, and it doesn't seem to show up in movie maker,should it come up under 'tasks' somewhere? this is what is confusing me. the camera works fine with sykpe.

I am going to try to use DEBUT video capture software, and see how i go with that.

thanks for your help

So I notice if you upload the stuff you record directly to youtube it seems crummy. In another thread that is stickied in the video forum a nice guy explains that you can opne your videos in movie maker and then publish it as high quality, and it looks nicer..

I'm testing the debut software too, seems to do the trick.

Top Bottom