Breaking news! Solid Koa KoaAlanas have arrived

MGM

Reaction score
The latest shipment of Koalanas the import line from Koaloha featuring their unibrace design has arrived in soprano and concert in Koa and Mahogany models. All solid wood body's with solid sapele necks....You tube sound sample is downloading now! Will be posted asap

The latest shipment of Koalanas the import line from Koaloha featuring their unibrace design has arrived in soprano and concert in Koa and Mahogany models. All solid wood body's with solid sapele necks....You tube sound sample is downloading now! Will be posted asap

Are you posting them in your store? ;)

They sound awesome..but I expect nothing less from KoAloha!! :shaka:

Wow those sound great!

Any KoAlana pineapples in the future? :cool:

I've had a sapele koalana concert for over a year and love it. Sounds great, plays great and comes at a great price. :)

Wish I knew how to multiple quote.

I've also come to the conclusion that MGM makes any ukulele sounds good. You should have heard Jake play my Hawaiian Ukulele Company uke. It was glorious. Not when I played it!

Why am I not surprised that Ahnko Honu wants to know if they make a pineapple?:rotfl:

I also would like an answer to DeG's question: What's the difference? Did I spend too much on my KoAloha then?

KoAlana Pineapples?

Any chance that KoAlana will have pineapple versions?
I'd really like to see one of those (if they are made).

I also would like an answer to DeG's question: What's the difference? Did I spend too much on my KoAloha then?

The main difference is that the KoAlana is mass produced? and it is made in China. It isn't hand made? Your basically getting a Chinese uke on steroids. I know that KoAloha stop producing the KoAlana because of quality issues (they felt the original manufactuere wasn't producing quality ukes) but they appear to have that situated.

Sukie you didn't overpay for your KoAloha.

I know that they are imports and have not been endowed with Paul's and Papa's groovy mojo (ie. not handmade) I guess what I'm asking is what differences (besides price) are noticeable. The one in video sounds awesome (possibly due to Mike's golden fingertips:))

From the video, I noticed the bridge was different, seemed like a standard import bridge instead of a crown or bowtie. But aside from that, I couldn't see any other differences.

But aside from that, I couldn't see any other differences.

as far as aesthetics go, the logo on the headstock appears painted instead of burned in, if that makes sense.

Top Bottom